Friday, March 30, 2007

The verdict is in!!!!

First off, I am so sorry to have kept you all waiting all day! I know that several of you have been checking in today, in hopes of the news. I probably should have mentioned that my appointment wasn't until 4pm and that we had plans to have dinner with my family afterwards. Sorry! BUT.....the verdict is in....and it's a pretty sure bet! I'm gonna keep you waiting just a bit longer though. :) I wouldn't be a proper blog without telling about my day, now would it?!

And what a day it was! It dragged on and on! I really thought that 4 o'clock would NEVER arrive! Luke and I hung around the house, tidying up, doing chores and talking about how we were going to see pictures of the baby most of the morning. My sister and neices came around 2 and time started rolling a bit faster! Thank goodness!

As we drove to our appointment, my heart was racing!! I just could NOT wait to get there! Traffic seemed soooo slow, the lights all seemed to be red and grrrr.....everyone just needed to get out of our way!!! I downed a diet soda (for the caffiene) and some lemonade (for the sugar) on the way in hopes to increase the odds that Baby was awake and alert for his/her big debut. It worked! Baby was jumping around and kicking as I filled out my paper work and got ready for the big moment. We were all so excited, but I'm not sure that anyone felt it as much as I did! It was a feeling akin to my wedding day...full of anticipation, nervous gitters and joy abounding. I just couldn't WAIT to get into that room! They called us back (all 17 of us!) and I hopped on that bed, pulled my shirt away from my belly as was ready to go faster than you could say Baby! The tech got a good image right away, but Baby was not quite interested in revealing all his/her parts and decided to keep it's legs crossed awhile longer. :( We got a few images of it's profile:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And even a yawn was captured:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But still no money shot! :( They had me get up, and do what they termed the 'Baby Dance' to get the little Bambino a'moving, much to my family and friend's amusement, I might add. I had to stand on the floor, leaning over the bed on my elbows, shake my bum and wiggle my hips back and forth to get the little one to shift around. Just a bit embarrasing for me, but hey...I was willing to do just about anything to get the picture we desperately wanted! Once I hopped back onto the bed, the baby had moved just enough and we were graced with the images we wanted...a full 'money shot'...as if the little one was sitting on a glass table and we were underneath peeking. :) Ready to see?????

Sorry...gonna make you wait longer still. :) Aren't I mean!? First I want to show ya one of the 3D images. The baby is still quite little, so he/she looks a bit alien-like still, but as its Momma, I see nothing but a beautiful, precious, wonderful baby....MY baby!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I couldn't hold back the tears several times. Just watching my precious child there on the screen was simply amazing. A miracle.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to say that the whole 3D and 4D thing was really cool. The 4D component puts the baby's movements in real time for us to watch on the big screen they had hanging in the corner. Several times, we were privledged to watch as the baby took in amniotic fluid as he/she made practice breathing movements and we caught a few yawns too. Those are the ones I loved the best!

Luke was great the whole time! He fell utterly silent as we got to listen to the heartbeat (remember the whole string-in-my belly-button game he played the other day?) and grinned from ear to ear as it continued. He was full of spunk today and made everyone laugh with his sillyness. Here's a shot of him and Daddy, trying to evaluate what they were seeing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay....so now to the moment you've all been waiting for! The big reveal! Here is a shot of our faces as we received the news...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is Luke's big announcement!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

WE ARE HAVING A LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the proof lies in the pictures...remember that money shot I was telling you about?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The umbillical cord was between the legs for a good majority of the session, but the tech snagged SEVERAL clear images of her little anatomy. It was quiet obvious!!

We are overjoyed!! Truly, I would have been happy either way. I did want a little girl, but I would have been just as blessed to have two boys as well! In fact, most of the day, I was preparing myself for the idea of a boy. But, with the news that this little life growing inside me is in fact, a little girl, I am elated!! I couldn't hold back the tears as the news washed over me again and again in those few minutes after they told us. I felt JUST the same way I had when I was in the delivery room with Luke and I heard them tell me he was a little boy! The moments were nearly identical...disbelief mixed with unmeasureable joy welled in my heart nearly to overflowing! I was, and am deeply, deeply blessed!!!

So those of you who voted for a girl...Mom, Jennifer, Taylor, Jamie, Amy, Taryn, Kailyn, Sarah, Tami, Ty and myself.....you were all right! :) Four of you voted for a boy and just one was undecided. Thanks for playing along, guys! It was really a lot of fun for me! :) And thank you for sharing in the joy of this day! We are thrilled beyond words!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And now....onto all things PINK! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so the "I'm gonna string you along bit" didn't work for me, ha, ha...I scrolled down to the bottom to see the results, then went back and read it all.
Congrats!
Now my Brayden will have a girlfriend...that is if Luke doesn't play the over protective older brother (he he he).

The 3D/4D thing is pretty cool! I can't wait to have it done again when we have our 2nd child.

Let the baby girl shopping begin!

Kelli Spence (the undecided one - from the vote)

Kristin said...

You forgot to include Luke in the people that predicted correctly. Congrats on your little pink bundle! I was certainly one of the ones checking in all day. :)

And, like Kelli did Jason scrolled to the bottom right away and told me this morning. :)

Roni said...

Hey I said you were having a girl too! You forgot both Luke and me in the counting! I'm so happy for you Kris! Congrats! I bet your whole family is just so excited and how cool to have everyone there to see it and share it! You are so blessed!
Love,
Roni

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so excited for all of you! I love the little sign Luke is holding, what a great idea! We had almost an identical "money shot" picture for Hailey. Congratulations!!

Jamie Corbett

Anonymous said...

I hate being wrong....darn it. Oh well, she is gonna be beautiful. Congrats! XOXO Jenny

Anonymous said...

Yay for you guys!! I'm so happy for you! A girl...how exciting! I, too, scrolled to the bottom to find out. I couldn't have read through that not knowing if I tried! Haha! I bet she's gonna be a beautiful little girl! Are you excited for all of the pink shopping?? Well I guess that's it from me for now...give the soon-to-be-big-bro a hug from me! Lots of love and hugs to you all!!! <3 <3 <3