Saturday, March 24, 2007

A pretty successful night!

My big-boy proved true to his new name last night! He did GREAT sleeping in his new-big-boy-bed! After I wrapped up last night's post, we didn't hear from him again until 3am, when he must've scooted off the end of the bed and ended up sitting on the body pillow I'd place beside him, crying because the 'fall' had scared him. I was able to place him back on his pillow, tuck him in and leave. He slept soundly through until 7:15am, when I heard him rattling the gate in his doorway, trying to get out! Big boy!! I scrambled out of bed quickly, so that he wouldn't feel scared and gently reminded him how Mommy had told him the night before to stay IN his bed until Mommy came to get him. He hustled back to bed, but started to cry because he thought he was going to have to go back to sleep. Not the case. It WAS time to get up...I just wanted to start the pattern of staying in bed until I get him up and say it's okay. So I praised him up and down for doing such a good job sleeping in his new bed last night and he smiled endlessly...so proud of himself! Before I headed to bed last night, I checked on him one last time as I always do, and this is what I found:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

:) Hehehe. Just a little akward. I repositioned and tucked him in and that was it...until 3am, like I said. In keeping with the whole "big-boy" theme, we took him to for a MUCH needed haircut this morning and gave him a new look. Spikes! :) I don't have a picture yet, but I swear he looks more like a 3 year old now. The new look will take some getting used to, but it will be a breeze for summer and if I end up hating it, it will always grow out. I was REALLY debating it while we were at the barbers. I've been thinking about spiking it for awhile, but wasn't sure if I was brave enough to give it a try. I bit the bullet, so to speak and now what's done is done. He definately looks different. I think I like it. :P It might just take a few days to get used to after seeing him with a toddler-style for so long. He does look pretty cute!

Anyway, I'm off to get some work done during naptime. We are heading to the Bicycle Classic after Luke wakes to watch the Men's Pro Criterium race. An annual tradition. And then it's off to dinner at our friend's house, where we'll get to spend some time with some of the Pro Women racers....some of whom Ty is friends with. Should be fun! Hope you all have a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Isn't it amazing how they can sleep comfortably in the most awkward positions???

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Brayden sleeps like that even though the crib is still up, he just has his legs through the slats. I can't wait to see Luke's new hair! That's another thing we've been thinking about, but I think I want to keep him with longer hair for just a while longer, they are both growing up so fast, I want to slow it down!

Jamie Corbett