Wednesday, March 7, 2007

It's a girl!

Or at-least that's what my dreams said last night! :) I had a dream (the first one I've had about this pregnancy) that we headed to our ultrasound and had a great 'shot' of the little one in all it's glory. At first, it looked distinctly like a boy, but on closer examination, the technician confirmed it was a girl! Ahhhh....dreams. I hope it was more of a premonition than a dream. We'll see.....only 23 more days!!!! (No...I'm not counting or anything!) :) When Ty left for work this morning, he leaned down to kiss me goodbye and my first words to him were "I had a dream it was a girl!!!" I'm just a little excited about this people! :P

Speaking of Ty...he seems to be doing better as of yesterday! Finally!!!!! He came home from work saying that it had been the first day where his stomach did not ache at all! Hooray! We are all on the mend for sure now!

And just because I forgot to mention them last post, here are a few cute Luke stories of late....he's has such a sweet and curious disposition lately. I had to giggle at these few moments...

Remember how I told you that I got my toes done with Laura over the weekend? Well...I told Luke where I was heading as I was leaving. "Mama's going with LaLa (that's how he says Laura, although yesterday he said 'Loo-ra' when talking about her) to get her toes done. I'll be back soon!" Well...the next morning as I was readying myself in the bathroom after my shower, he walked into the room, took a double-take at my bare toes and crouched down near them to get a closer look. He gasped. "Mama!!" he squealed with excitement. "Pitty (pretty) toes, Mama! Doe (go) with LaLa, Mama? Pitty!" Then he furrowed his brow, moved his head even closer to my toes to inspect them further and said, "Fower!! (flower) Mama, pitty fower. Lutey (Lukey) pitty toes too?" I kindly explained that only girls get to have pretty toes, but that I really liked how he noticed them and told me they were pretty. And now, each time he seems my piggies, he exclaims how 'pitty' they are! :) Gotta love that! A boy who notices the details! :)

The last one is baby-related. I think it might have been the same morning as the toes inspection that I was sitting on the bedroom floor in front on the window, putting my makeup on. I like to spread out on the floor, with the light flooding in and listen to music with Luke playing close by. As I was sitting there in my pj's, Luke scoots up close in front of me, kindly moved my makeup things out of the way, and kind-of just stares at me for a moment. "What is it, Bubba?" I asked. He didn't say anything, but instead slowly lifted my shirt up from my belly, leaned over and placed the most gentle of kisses on my belly button. "Mo-ning, Baby! Vuv you!" Then, just as gently, he replaced my shirt and smirked at me. Doesn't that just make you go to mush?! It was totally unprompted and completely amazing! Now, every morning and every evening before bed, we make it part of our 'routine' to greet the Baby and tell him/her how much Brother loves it. In turn, I tell Luke how much the Baby loves his/her big brother. A special bond has already begun. :) I just love, love, love that he's more aware now. And I just love, love, LOVE that boy!!!! What a sweetheart he is!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Well, I sure hope your dream comes true! I know you had "boy vibes" with Luke. 23 days...wow!

Anonymous said...

I got all excited reading the title! I hope your right, Hailey could use a new friend! Of course either way is fine, as long as he/she is healthy! I'm amazed at how smart Luke is and how cute his actions are. "Pitty toes" - I love that! Brayden JUST learned how to kiss - a real kiss not the open mouth pressed against the cheek thing - and he is so cute about it. He comes over and kisses sister all the time and it's awesome! :)

Jamie Corbett