Friday, March 9, 2007

Help! I have a SERIOUS case of pregnancy brain!!!

So you want to know what I did yesterday???? Remember how I told you I took Luke to circle time at the library and then hung out for a visit with Sarah and Hudson??? Remember how I said it was a fun morning? Well, it was a fun morning...too much excitement for me, I guess 'cause when I went to leave, I carried Luke over to his car seat, with the intentions of buckling him in and putting my bag down before putting the stroller into the back of the car. And I did just that, with the exception of the stroller part. Yup....stupid 'ol pregnant me hopped right into the car and drove away, instantly drawn into the book on tape I'm listening to right now, and COMPLETELY FORGOT TO GET MY STROLLER! ARGH! The kinda funny thing is (it's funny now, it wasn't then!) that I didn't even realize I had forgotten it until I was back in Redlands for Market Night at 5:30pm (I left the library at noon!) and opened my back hatch for my stroller, only to realize it wasn't there. :( I immediately got back in the car; feeling a bit panicked, and scoured the library area for my wheels. They were nowhere to be found. :( I rushed into the library in hopes that some kind person had turned it into the lost and found, but I was sadly disappointed. My stroller is now gone. :( I was seriously sad about this last night. I nearly cried as I carried Luke back to the car. I LOVED that stinkin' stroller and I use it just about daily, with our walks and all. And it wasn't that old either...we'd only had it since our Virginia trip. Man! I wondered how I could have been so negligent and forgetful! I've NEVER done anything like that before. Grrrr! But leave it to pregnancy to strip me of my braincells. I mean seriously people.....I think I would forget my head on a daily basis if it weren't permanently attached to my head!

So now I am on the hunt for a replacement. I thought about waiting to buy a new one, so that I could get one for both Baby and Luke to use, but I just can't go another 5+ months without a lightweight, easy to use stroller. We, of-course, still have our honker Graco travel system one, but it is SO heavy and I just can' t be lifting that thing into the car over and over. So...a new stroller is in the cards for us. Bummer.

On a lighter note, before we headed out for our attempt to get to the farmer's market, Luke and I hung around upstairs, jumping on the bed and rough-housing for a good chunk of the afternoon. I, of-course, don't go far without having my camera in reach, so here are a few pics of our afternoon.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Luke got an 'owie' the other day on his big toe when he tripped on the driveway while we were washing my car. He suddenly 're-discovered' it yesterday while he jumped around in all the fluffy covers. :)

His 'shocked' face...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Can you say T-W-O-year-old....(he was being a bit stinky just then!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then he decided to be cute....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And finally, we journeyed into the soon-to-be baby's room to read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" on the guest bed...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Fun! I love those special, silly times with him...just the two of us! I know those days are numbered, so I'm relishing in them as much as I can now!

Well...that was our day yesterday. Today, we cleaned like crazy people all morning. Luke 'helped' me dust and vacuum the house, and then alternated between getting under my feet and playing while I did laundry, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms and scrubbed the floors. Phew! Lots of work, but it's sure a nice feeling to go into a weekend with ALL the household chores accomplished! :) Tomorrow night will be our belated birthday dinner for Ty and his mom at Ruth's Chris in Palm Desert, and I am SOOOO looking forward to getting a little dressed up and having an evening among adults! (Not that I don't absolutely love my days with Luke...I do, but its nice to be a grown-up once in awhile too!) And its been awhile since Ty and I have had a good date, so I'm looking forward to it in that respect too. Probably more for that reason than anything, I think. :) My mom and Dad will come to watch Luke while we go out and then on Sunday, we plan to take a short, not-to-tough hike and spent some time working on our to-do list around the house. I guess it's s'posed to be 95 on Sunday, so it'll be good getting-outside weather! :)

Well....that's 'bout it for us tonight. Hope you all enjoy a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cute pics. of Luke! What an adorable, big boy he is!! I'm glad you all are doing ok, besides 'the pregnancy brain'! I hope that you all find a nice stroller and that you have a fun weekend and dinner!! :) Talk to you soon!

Kristin said...

Sorry 'bout your stroller. What a bummer. Pregnancy brain can be mean.

Oh...I just saw your "pregnancy progression". Very cool! Even though you do your weeks/months wrong ;) Hee hee!