Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I had a hot date today! :)

Or I guess it was a cool date. :) Luke and I decided to succumb to my rare ice cream craving this afternoon and headed down to Redlands for a healthier frozen yogurt version...topped with my favorite, but hard to find carob chips. Mmmmm! It was a perfect day for a cool treat...sunny and warm with not much to do but enjoy each other's company. :) We've been having these little 'dates' more frequently lately and I'm finding that I just love sitting together with my son, sharing a few special moments, just the two of us. The time transforms us. We giggle and do silly things....we cling our glasses, straws or spoons together and say "Cheers" to one another and we just enjoy precious bonding time. I'm becoming more and more keenly aware how numbered our days of 'alone time' are. Just a handful of months until our family grows and my attention gets divided. I'm making every effort to enjoy him as much as I can now and savor the moments. I delight in him!

After our sweet treat, we dropped by Mamaw's house for a quick visit and to play awhile. We've been seeing less of her these days now that I'm not working out at the gym I used to go to in Redlands. She used to watch Luke every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon for an hour or so while I hit the gym. So nice! But those days are over now that we've moved farther away and my gym is now right by the house. No sense in driving all the way to Redlands just to drop him off and drive all the way back to work out. The consequence is Luke sees Mamaw less and Mamaw misses Luke more. :( She was thrilled and surprised to see him today though. I think we made her day! :)

I'm making it quick tonight, since American Idol will be on shortly, but before I go, I wanted to say welcome to the world Brandon Samuel Crocker!!! My friend Heidi delivered a healthy boy (4 weeks early via c-section) on Monday night. (Remember, she is my friend from the pictures I posted recently?!) From what I know, he was 5 lbs 12 oz and Mommy and baby are doing quite well. Praise God for that!

No comments: