Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Just 3 more days....

Can you tell I'm just a LITTLE excited for Friday to arrive??? Just three more LONG days until we have our little gender discovery ultrasound!!! I can hardly wait! Not only do I get to learn of this baby's sex, but I am also thrilled to death to be able to see him/her so close up and in depth! The ultrasounds I have had to date have just been in my OB's office and haven't been the greatest of quality, so this 3D and 4D ultrasound on Friday will be pretty awesome!

I was thinking about dates and my pregnancy while I was in the shower this morning and it occurred to me that at this point in my pregnancy with Luke I was, unbeknowst to me, already over half way through. I was at my half-way point with Luke at exactly 15 weeksand 1.5 days! I am 17 weeks, 4 days today. Hopefully I won't hit my half-way point with this little one until 19 weeks....that is assuming we get to schedule my c-section for the date we are hoping for...August 17th. Strange to think of it like that.

More of the baby front...I had an OB appointment yesterday. All is well. My pressures were 'normal', although still a little high for me, (124/68) but the dingy nurse decided to take it right after I hopped up onto the exam table, then had to hop down to lift Luke onto his chair, and then I hopped back up onto the table. :( No time to rest. I'm sure had she taken it at the end of my appointment, it would have been a bit lower. Oh well. I think I'm the only one who's really concerned about the precise numbers. I had to see the Nurse Practionner yesterday, since Dr. Hage had a funeral to attend. I was bummed about that, but whatcha gonna do? My weight gain is good...I've packed on 8 lbs in 17 1/2 weeks. Pretty normal. And my uterus measured at 16 cm, which to me, seems small for my weeks, but the NP said it was normal. (You would think with this belly of mine I'd be measuring ahead! Geez!) I got side-tracked and didn't have a chance to ask her 'bout it though. We have our 20 week fetal anatomy ultrasound next Friday, so I'm comforted in knowing that any discrepancies in the baby's growth or my exact dates will be confirmed then. Hmm...what else??? No protein in my urine either. Yay! (Not that I would expect any, since Pre-E usually onsets after 20 weeks, but its still good to know). The only little concern I had to report to her was some visual 'flutteries' that I am getting occasionally. They don't seem to be associated with a change in position, which one would expect. And they are eerily familiar from my pregnancy with Luke. I began getting these little silvery flutteries around 18-20 weeks with him and although I reported them to my OB at the time, there were still no other pre-e symptoms to speak of (aside from my BP increasing 10 points every visit after 20 weeks). In retrospect, I've always thought of those flutteries as one of my early warning signs of my impending pre-eclampsia. But truth be told, they may or may not have been. We will never know. But the sheer fact that I have them again makes me just a teeny bit worried. Again, we just have to keep a keen eye out for other symptoms and hope (PRAY!) for the best. My pressures are staying normal AND I have gained less weight by this point, so those are good differences from my last pregnancy. So....I'm going to stay positive and look at the good. Oh yeah! And the baby's heart rate was in the 160's...same as last visit, which, if you are going by the old wives tales, that indicated a girl. :) (Luke's were always in the 148-150 range).

So what are YOUR guesses??? Girl or boy? I think we need to take an Internet poll here, people? You tell me what you think it is and we'll see who's right come Friday. Want a quick overview of the similarities and differences between these two pregnancies???

With Luke, I felt nauseous, carsick and had terrible headaches for the entire first trimester. This time, none of those! :) (How lucky am I!) With Luke, I had regularly bouts of insomnia from 6 weeks on....this time around...just one or two times. With Luke, his heartbeat was always in the 148-150 range. This time around, it's always been in the 160's. With Luke, I craved anything greasy and fattening, especially Mexican food. This time I around, I crave fresh fruit, salads, veggies and the occasional burger. With Luke, we had an easy time picking out a boy's name, but struggled with the girl's. This time around, we have the girl's name all set, but are debating the boys'. And lastly, with Luke, I could NEVER tell his gender when I had pregnancy dreams, although I always tried. This time, I've only had one dream and it was most definately a girl in that one! :) Sooo......that's my list. You all have fun guessing and we'll see who's right! :)

And before I go to go get started on dinner, I thought I'd finally leave you with picture of Luke's new 'do'
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He absolutely refused to allow me to take a 'real' picture of him, so I had to catch him when he wasn't looking!

And here are just a few silly shots of him playing in our weeds...err... flowers on the hill in our backyard. We still haven't been able to landscape yet, so the hill is covered in wild-flower-weed-looking things. Luke picked a few for me! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You wouldn't know it from the flip-flops and sunny weather in the picture, but it actually snowed here again today for the third time this season. Weird weather! It didn't stick, but it was still cool to look out the window and see it fallin!

Oh yeah....and THANK YOU to all of you who have graciously left comments for me, letting me know you're out there reading! It makes all the difference! Thank you!

Thats it for me today. Now let the voting begin! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK---I'm going to give a guess, even though I'm really not sure----am thinking its a girl, even though I always thought before you would only have boys. But regardless of what it is, we will be very happy to have another wonderful grandchild!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...let's see. I am thinking that lil' Luke is going to have a sister. I just have the girl feeling on this one, so we'll see!! :) Btw, I LOVE Luke's haircut! Very cute. Luv the spikes!

Anonymous said...

I vote for a girl. I just have that feeling, which is funny because I don't usually have such strong feelings either way... I'm very eagerly waiting to hear!

And wow the spikes are cute! He really does look like such a big boy! I love that he picks "flowers" for you, what a sweetheart!

Jamie Corbett

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is because I don't believe in the old wives tales out there or that pregnancies are different because of gender (they're just different because they're a different pregnancy). But I do remember that you had a pretty strong feeling about Luke being a boy, so if you're having those instincts again, it sounds like it might be a girl. I had dreams when I was pregnant with Brayden and I really thought he was going to be a girl. I hope you're right, I know how much you would like a girl. :)

Kelli Spence

Roni said...

It took me awhile to figure out how to send you messages. Sorry, I'm so slow. I think you are having a girl too, just because you are intuitive and you think it is a girl. I love his hair and the flip flops he has on are so adorable! I too like his hair, although it does take the little toddler look away. It happens even when we don't want it to though, shucks! I haven't kept up as much lately. I'll try harder to read more often.

Anonymous said...

I am going with a boy. The only reason is everyone seems to think its a girl. However, I LOVE little girl clothes. Either way Kris she/he the baby will be beautiful...good luck I am keeping my fingers crossed. XO jenny

Anonymous said...

Well - until I read the last guess I was going to say boy just because everyone was saying girl. But my gut feeling does lean towards girl!

We definitely need to have some girls - too many boys lately :-)

Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

It's Friday!! What's the word??? :)

Jamie Corbett