Monday, March 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, My Love!

Today is Ty's birthday! When he left for work this morning, I had completely forgotten to wish him a happy birthday (bad, bad wife! But hey...it WAS 5:10am!) so when I crawled out of bed a few minutes later (couldn't sleep) I called him to tell him. He said it doesn't feel much like his birthday. :( Poor guy. How could it??? We spent ALL of the weekend home bound again because he is still sick. :( He felt A LOT better on Friday when he got home, saying he was hungry and craving burgers, so we got a bite to eat and headed to the park with Luke for an impromptu picnic and some play time. It was a lot of fun! Luke got to run around on the playground for awhile and get some energy out while we enjoyed some fresh air for awhile.

But once we got home, both of us felt yucky again and Ty ended up relapsing into the whole vomiting and stomach cramping thing! :( Saturday was supposed to be our fun birthday day and we had made plans with all this friends, his mom and brother to go to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for a nice birthday dinner to celebrate. Had to cancel. :( I was SO disappointed! I actually cried about it. (Pregnancy hormones!) I was really looking forward to an adult-only affair and actually having to get dressed up for something. Big bummer! But there was no point in spending a ton of money on a dinner that he either couldn't eat or would throw up later. So we rescheduled for this coming Saturday instead.

Saturday night, things for Ty seemed to get worse! He didn't sleep at all for all the stomach cramping and pain, and he even told me when I got up in the morning that it had been so bad in the middle of the night that he thought he might need to go to the ER. Whoa! For Ty to say something like that, it must've been BAD!!! He hasn't been sick or needed to see a doctor in over 7 years! So, long story short....we spent our morning and part of the afternoon waiting in the Urgent Care clinic, hoping for some relief of his pain. They did some blood work and gave him a G.I. cocktail (a yummy (I say that sarcastically) concoction of mylanta, lidocaine, and some other tummy soothing med). The blood work came back negative for gallbladder or pancreas problems, so we have to assume it's just a persistent virus that will run it's course. The doctor gave him a 'script for an antibiotic, just in case there were some buggies from say something bad he ate, along with some antacid meds for a likely overproduction on stomach acid. We are hoping, hoping, hoping that he is better soon. I feel horrible for him! And I hate to see him feeling so awful!

Luke and I, on the other hand, are doing MUCH better! No more sickies for us! Yay! I was able to go out with my friend Laura on Saturday morning for breakfast and a pedicure (sooooooo nice!). When I returned, it was almost Luke's naptime and this is where I found him....sound asleep on the couch next to Daddy, still pj-clad!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
He was so asleep that I was able to scoop him up and carry him to bed with no problem. After nap, we drove down to Ty's mom's house to give her some birthday flowers (it was her birthday this weekend too!) . We only stayed a short time, since Ty wasn't feeling great, but she appreciated the visit, especially from Luke! :)

Sunday brought Luke's first fall down the stairs! :( As we were scrambling to get out the door to drop him off at my mom's before I took Ty to urgent care, Luke was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. When Tess realizes that we are leaving the house, she gets all excited, thinking, of-course, that she is going too. So....she rushed to get down the stairs first, and in the process knocked poor Luke over, causing him to tumble (roll really) down the stairs to the landing. :( I think my heart skipped ten beats! Thankfully, he didn't hit his head on the railings or the way and was just more scared than anything. He cried for maybe 10 seconds and then was fine. Boy! That kiddo it tough! I noticed a little bruise on his hip though, as I bathed him last night. I always try to make sure that Luke stands away from the stairwell until Tess makes her way down for the exact reason, but it all just happened to fast yesterday morning.

Well....we're hoping for a much less dramatic week ahead around here. Please pray for Ty to feel better! This bug just keeps dragging on and on. Hopefully by my next posting, I'll have some more positive news to report! :) Until then......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Ty! I hope you all are feeling better soon, that sounds awful! :(

Jamie Corbett