Monday, November 17, 2008

Perfection

Today was made up of a bunch of little moments of perfection! It began at lunch time, when Luke, Ellie and I were sitting together at the dining table eating. While we ate, we listened to Fernando Ortega's Prayer for Home (those of you who were there those six years ago might remember it as the song that played as our family & bridal party encircled us for our ring ceremony at our wedding). As it played, I was singing along, changing all the 'their's in the song to 'our's; more or less praying along with it as I sang. The song lyrics are so beautiful... in one part it says "may their table be blessed with laughter and with grace, and by the comfort of kinship be surprised." At that exact moment, I kid you not, Ellie broke into giggles and a split second later Luke reach over, grabbed by hand and, out of the blue said, "I love you, Mom!" It was just one of those moments that bring a lump to your throat and deep joy to your heart. My kids. Oh how I love them!!!!!

Perfection.

Just as dinner finished up, another favorite song began playing from Ty's Ipod (Hotel California by the Eagles! LOVE the Eagles!) and shortly we found ourselves dancing in circles...ALL FOUR of us...in the family room. Ellie giggled and grinned from ear to ear as Ty spun her slowly round and round on our make believe dance floor, and I swayed back and forth with Luke resting on my hip. I imagined a moment much like this some 25 years from now as one of our children marries, and silently prayed for the moment to etch itself in my mind.

Perfection.

And THEN....the grand finale of the evening happened just a few short moments later as I sat Ellie down on the floor near the couch to play. By this time, Carrie Underwood's 'All American Girl' was playing (see the sidebar montage of Ellie from not too long ago and this song is playing there!) As if she had been contemplating it ALL day, she stood, turned to me and suddenly lurched my direction, TAKING HER VERY FIRST INDEPENDENT STEPS!! Laughing wildly, I scooped her up, set her back in place and she did it again! FINALLY! :) LOL! She is, after all, 15 months old as of yesterday! LOL!

So I guess we (finally) have another walker in our midst! And we're off................................! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh walking! Wonderful news! Weren't we just talking about that today! Yeahhhhhhh Ellie!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day! YAY Ellie...that is so exciting. Getting excited to see you guys!
Love,
Heidi