Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Peace

This morning has been so peaceful!

I awoke much later than normal...just as the sun was rising and with the realization that my son had not yet risen yet. This is quite unusual in our home. So I relished the moments of snuggling under the warm covers in prayer while the sleep fell away from my mind and until I was ready to rise.

Peace.

I journeyed down the stairs, poured myself a fresh, warm cup of coffee and curled up on the couch as warm light began filtering in through the windows. It was well after seven o'clock when I closed the cover of my bible, and sat listening only to the tic-toc of grandma's clock on the mantel as I gazed out the window to watch the breeze blow clouds across the rising rays of light. Sunrise. A beautiful, new, fresh start! Thankfulness welled in my heart, just as it did yesterday, for all the blessings I enjoy! Even just the simple pleasure of watching the sunrise as my children sleep unusually late. Life is truly measured in moments like these, and it is these moments that I cling to and rest upon when life is hectic.

May peace surround you as well today!

No comments: