Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Luke's checkup

Luke had his very belated 3 year physical yesterday with our new pediatrician. I have to say that she was awesome with Luke. She took the time to play with him for several minutes to get acquainted with him and she was very gentle with his shy spirit. By the end of the visit, she had obviously won him over because when she asked him for a hug, he HUGGED her!! For those of you who have tried to pry a hug out of my shy little guy, you know that it is no small thing for him to offer her a hug! Most of the time he won't even hug his Aunt Jenn! (He loves you so much though, Jenn...you know that!)

Anyway, all in all the visit went well. He weighed a mere 31 1/2 lbs which is still only the 10th percentile for his age, but he was in the 50th percentile for his height at 37 inches. I honestly think it is the first time my little tyke has seen the 50th percentile in anything! :) WHoohoooo! As for the weight, I explained his history and that he's always been on the skinnier side, so there really wasn't a concern. I think he was the 10th or 25th percentitle at 2 years too. Dr. Zaft just encouraged us to offer lots of high calorie, healthy foods...and even just extra fats like butter on toast, extra sour creams added to things, etc. We try. And we will continue to do so. But if being skinny is all that we have to contend with from his preemie days, then we are certainly blessed! :)

I have to run for now. I'm sorry to be so quick with the posts lately. There has been little time to sit and blog. I have so many pictures I want to share and fun stories, but I guess they will just have to wait until another time. Happy Wednesday, friends!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Perspective is everything, eh? :)

That 31.5 pounds is "mere" to you...and yet poor Easton is still not even 25 pounds yet (24.5). And he was half an inch taller than Luke so if Luke is skinny then Easton must be sickening, tee hee!

Glad he's doing well!