Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy 'Love' Day!

...that's what we call Valentine's Day 'round here. And we love to spread the 'love' around to one another! :) To show Daddy how much we love him today, Luke and I will be preparing him a special 'Love Day' dinner and an extra special treat for dessert...homemade chocolate covered long stem strawberries. Mmmmmmm!! :) It's not going to be an overly exciting Valentine's Day, but I guess when you have nursing baby and a toddler 'round, you do what you can to make things special. Its not the super-romantic kind of V-days we used to share pre-kids, but it's wonderful nonetheless! I'm happy to keep it simple. In fact, I almost prefer it! :)

We've had some crazy Valentine's Day weather today. We woke up early to unexpected rain pounding on our windows, and as the morning progressed, the weather took an exciting turn....

Snow!!! LOTS of it! Can you believe it?! Crazy weather! It was literally 80 degrees on Sunday! I stood on our driveway Sunday morning in shorts, a tank top and flip flops! Weird! And wouldn't ya know...we just planted all of our plants and trees Tuesday and Wednesday. Our landscaping is now complete! But who would have thought it would freeze today!? We're just hoping our new beloved sago palm and other tender plants don't bite the dust! Yikes!!

Anyhow...that's it for now. How I wish I had the time this week to put together a super cute montage or even some Valentines-ish pictures for ya'll! I miss my blog time lately!!! But duty calls. :) Gotta keep this house of ours running! :) I must run for now to tidy up and prepare for our special Love Day feast tonight! Happy Love Day, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is crazy - I cannot believe it was warm the other day!

Have a wonderful 'love' day.
BTW - Nate loved the picture!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got more snow then we did and I live in mountains. Crazy. All next week....snow, snow, snow and more snow up here. Luke looks so cute all bundled up! xo Jenny

Anonymous said...

Wow, snow in California....I've had enough of it here in Colorado...can you take some of ours? Actually it's been pretty nice here lately, so I shouldn't complain. Too cute that you all were so excited about it!
-Roni