Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fifteen years ago today....

I know Ty would say I'm kinda silly for posting this, and I usually don't pay much attention to January 17th any other year, but for some reason, today I am. It was fifteen years ago today that Ty and I began officially dating. FIFTEEN years. Whoa! That's half of my life! January 17th, 1993. If memory serves me correctly, we were at our friend Fred's house, watching movies with a bunch of other friends. I'm not sure why we decided to make it 'official' on this particular day, but we did. And who would have ever thought that we would be here today, 15 years later, married with two kiddos. Don't get me wrong....even through all my 'stages' (all of you who've been around us this long know what I'm talking about!), I always knew Ty was marriage material, and I always wanted to be where I am today, but at 15 years old, you really don't know for sure where your life will lead you. But God certainly knew the plans He had for us...both individually and collectively, and it is because of all the things and 'stages' we went through over the years that we are here today, tightly knit together as husband and wife. I'm blessed to call him mine, and even more blessed to have been able to do so for so many years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be 10 years tomorrow for Rich and I. Granted we aren't married and we don't have kids, but I couldn't be happier. We aren't the richiest people, we don't have the finer things, but I am so rich with love from him that nothing could take his place. I am so blessed to have him in my life, that there are times I know I couldn't have made it through without him. Congrats to you and Ty for having that one of a kind love for eachother that is truely hard to come by. XO Jenny