Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One year

Ellie's first year in review, for those of you who weren't here on Saturday...


I think I'm still having a hard time believing that my Ellie is a year already! It has just gone by much to quickly! I told Ty on Sunday, after the party and the busyness were through that I felt both a sense of relief and sadness. Relief that the party was over and the chaos of the weeks preceding as well, but sadness that this marks the end of the last first year I will ever experience with my babies. :( The thought, even as I type it, brings tears to my eyes. At this moment, I so desperately don't want her to grow up!!! I want her to stay small enough to cradle in my arms! But I sadly know these days are numbered. :( Why does it have to pass us by so quickly?! I guess that is why I am a picture fanatic; snapping image after image in my feeble attempt to stall time and capture who she is in THIS moment. If only I could capture the touch of her skin or the sound of her voice, or the sweet smell of her hair in those photographs too. If only....

I took Ellie for her one year checkup today. She must now recognize the doctor's office and what it all means, because no sooner did I set her on the exam table to undress her did she begin to get cranky and irritable. She was fine prior to and upon leaving the office, but while we were there she had very little interest in the toys or binky I brought for her, and she actually threw a couple of mini tantrums. :( I don't blame her, really! After all, the visit did end in two pokes!

As for her growth, she is doing just fine. Just an ounce under 20 pounds which placed her in the 25th-50th percentile according to the nurse. 25th to 50th????? Hmmm. I think I'd be happier with a solid number like 35th, but whatever. She eats like a horse...sometimes MORE than her brother at any given meal, so she must just be a calorie-burning machine! She's a lean-bean too, with a height of 30 inches, placing her in the 75th percentile there. Maybe she'll be long and lean? That would be okay!

We didn't talk much about the urinary reflux, so I'm guessing the plan at this point is to just hang tight until/if more problems arise? Dr. Mailander had mentioned that she really didn't think there was much for us to do at this point anyway, and we're not thrilled with the idea of a drawn out course of antibiotics either. So waiting is just fine for us. She's doing great... there is no harm in letting her be for now!
Whentime allows, I will post some of the pictures from her party on Saturday, but at this moment that would entail me actually having to load them on to the computer. I haven't even looked at them yet! So, be on the look out for those soon.....or not so soon. teeheehee.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Ellie,
You were adorable at your party! I liked your wardrobe changes too :)
Happy Birthday cutie!!!