Sunday, August 24, 2008

I once was lost, but now I'm found.....

We *almost* lost Ellie's Snuggie yesterday. I say *almost* because I got a call just an hour or so ago that our precious little Snug has been found! Hallelujah!! We took the kids on their first trip to Sea World yesterday (more on that in a minute) and I made the silly mistake of bringing Ellie's snuggie along inside the park, in hopes that it would help her to nap in the stroller while we were there. Let's just say that I have learned my lesson and won't do that again! Next time, Snug will stay in the car!

We were literally on our way out of the park at 5pm yesterday, when, in a throng of people, Ellie threw her snuggie overboard (a game she has loved to play with anything and everything lately!). She had been doing this ALL day with anything that she could get her pudgy little hands on. She would grab something, inspect it...play with it for a moment and then **poof**...out of the stroller it would go! And usually, I was speedy enough to retrieve whatever it was. But, amidst all those people who just happened to be exiting the Shamu show, Snuggie somehow got tossed out and I missed it! We had only gone about a half of a block from the last spot where she had chucked it out to the spot where I looked down and realized it was gone again (yes....you'd think I would have learned my lesson by then and put Snug up!) :( I sent Ty on a snuggie-search back through the crowd, certain that he would come back with it. But when he rounded the corner empty handed, my heart sank. I went back searching myself and was almost brought to tears when it was no where to be found! :( Her snuggie is so important to me (and will be to her in time!) Her Meemaw gave it to her, and it is just like Luke's with the exception of the color! She has slept with it every single night since she was born and she has already grown attached to it. At bedtimes, she will quickly calm down when Snuggie is handed to her. She snuggles into with her face and you can just tell how she loves it! So to loose it was so sad for me! Ty went to the Lost and Found to see if it had somehow been returned, but it had not. :( He wrote up a little report with our phone number and a description just in case, but I wasn't hopeful.

Until this afternoon when the phone rang and the caller ID showed that it was Sea World! They had Snuggie!!!!!! When I told the nice lady on the phone how THRILLED I was that it had been found, she told me "I had a special blanket when I was little too, and I was devastated when I lost it, so I understand." Awwww...sweet lady. I could have kissed her, that's how happy I was to hear that snuggie had been found! It's on it's way in the mail tomorrow and will be washed and as good as new in no time! Yay, yay, yay!!!!!!

As for the rest of the day, we had a wonderful time!! Luke had such a blast there! We started off in the new Bay of Play, where he got to see Elmo and refused to take his picture with Cookie Monster! :) Our neighbors Bill, Kristin, Adam and Emily went with us, and Emily happily posed for a shot with Cookie, but not Luke. Uh-uh. No way! After that, he climbed through the massive climbing gym-thingy with Ty and we rode a few rides together (one with Mommy and one with Daddy). We went to the dolphin show next, and he was all smiles as we watched those beautiful creatures swim and perform! And in true Mommy form, I got choked up sitting there watching the joy grace his face and Ellie clapping wildly along with the crowd! It was a special moment!

The rest of the afternoon was spent fighting the crowds (it was so, so, SOOOO busy there yesterday!) and trying to stay cool while we visited the sea lions, visited the tide pool area where Luke explored and touched the sea stars, and visited the manta ray exhibit. He giggled wildly when he finally got to touch the fin of the manta ray! He thought that was pretty amazing and kept reaching his hand farther into the water in hopes to touch one again! We stayed much longer than any of us anticipated, as all four of the kids were being so well behaved! I don't think we exited the park until close to 6pm (we arrived around 11am), and everyone konked out in the car from exhaustion! It was a fun day! We are looking forward to going back again sometime to see the things that we missed, like Shamu and a few of the rides. Our passes allow us to go back once more before May. Pretty cool! But I think we'll head back when the weather isn't so hot and the crowds are sure to be less! Maybe late fall or early spring! We'll see.

Hope each of you are enjoying a wonderful weekend as well!

No comments: