Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doing well!

As I sit down here at the computer to blog, I feel a bit overwhelmed and not sure what to even post. We've had several weeks of busy, busy days...full of so many wonderful things and a few not so wonderful things. Oh how I wish I could revisit them all and share them with you. I never even posted about our trip to the lake or the beach this past weekend or any of the other fun things we've been doing. I feel sad that I haven't had time lately to blog like I *used* to. It is a season though and in awhile I will *hopefully* be back to my normal blogging routine. We'll see.

BUT....since so many of you have been asking, I wanted to let you know that Luke is doing well! I am sorry not to have posted sooner. His bleeding has actually been pretty much non-existent since we saw Dr. Shah 8 days ago. Like I said before, it comes and goes. But I believe that it is our prayers at work in his little body!
We received a letter over the weekend that was an estimate of the costs related to his colonoscopy. It was actually listed as a "colonoscopy with biopsy and a polypectomy". Hmmm. As I thought, it will be an out of pocket cost to us until we reach our deductible for him of $1500. Then anything after that will be covered at 70%. Ironically, they estimate the costs of the procedure at $1573! Yikes! That is something we were NOT expecting! The letter also stated that the procedure was scheduled for August 18th! Something I was completely unaware of, as no one from the office ever notified us of this. So....I've been in contact with (left messages for, is more accurate) Dr. Shah's office to have the date rescheduled and to get answers to several questions we have regarding the prep. for the procedure and such. Hopefully I will hear back today. We are just not prepared to do the procedure in less than a week. Ty will need to reschedule his own work hours to be there with us, and we will need to figure out care for Ellie as well. Then it comes down to preparing Luke for all the things leading up to the procedure, as it is those things that will be the roughest for him. Since he will be sedated for the actual procedure, that will be the simplest part of it all! :)

SO........all that to say that we are still in limbo. But he did AWESOME for his blood draw that day! He was completely a SUPER HERO and did all the things I asked of him! He held still, breathed with me, listened carefully, and much to my surprise, didn't hardly even flinch when she poked him! Not even a tear either (which was most definitely okay to do, but he didn't!). I was so, so, SOOOO proud of him! We went and got an ice cream afterwards together since he did so well! Big boy!

And now, seeing the clock I realize I must get going. But not without a little picture of my "Belle" who will be having her first birthday in just FOUR more days! Can you believe it? This year has flown by! She is such a doll, isn't she!? I love, love, LOVE her!


More to come! Thank you, as always, for checking in and keeping in your prayers!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! I hope all goes well with Luke and if I forget..Happy Birthday to your precious baby girl!! XO Jenny