Friday, April 13, 2007

Halfway through...

According to the books, I am exactly half-way through my pregnancy. But, since I will have a scheduled c-section at 38 1/2-ish weeks (IF I go to term), I am actually more than halfway through. I really wish that I could just press pause on life right now. Can't I just linger here, in this phase...at this spot for awhile???? I love where I am right now. Not just in my pregnancy, but in life in general. As far as my pregnancy goes, I feel good. I feel this little girl kicking and moving all the time, I look pregnant (and not too fat yet!), and for the most part, I am just in that blissful 'honeymoon' stage of pregnancy. I don't want to be halfway through with my last pregnancy. I want it to linger on like this just awhile longer. If only.....

Luke is at an awesome stage too. I always say that I love each new stage even more than the last, and it proves to be true yet again. He is just SO much fun! We talk and play and are silly together. We have 'dates' and special moments together. It's just awesome. We do, of-course, also have frustrating, whiny, irritating times too, as all moms of toddlers do, but those are far out-weighed by the blissful moments. I just love, love, love him!

So back to the half-way through thing. Today I turned 20 weeks. Where is the time going?! In keeping with my photo log of my pregnancy, that meant that it was picture day in our house. So this morning, with not much else to do, Luke and I busted out the backdrops and camera for a little photo session. Me first, then the both of us, then Luke alone. It's been awhile since I snapped some decent, portrait-y shots of him, so we had fun. And I wasn't able to get any formal pictures at Easter, so I dressed him in his Easter outfit and snapped away. The only person missing from our session was Ty. SOMEDAY we'll get another family shot in there! :) But here are a few from our day. (You can check out the pregnancy progression at the bottom of the blog for the updated version, if you so desire.)

Me and my little GIRL at 20 weeks :) Can you tell I need to get that belly of mine some sunshine! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mommy and Luke (and baby too, although you can't see much of her!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is a whole BUNCH of my precious boy. I couldn't just pick ONE, so I had to share a mess of them with you! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A silly grin...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cuddle-Bug...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Doesn't he make you just want to squeeze him!?! Love that boy!

Anyway, just wanted to share our pictures for the day. Ty is home now with a couple tacos for this very hungry mama, so I'm going to go! Hope you all have a great weekend! We're heading to the Wild Animal Park on Sunday, so I'm sure we'll have more pics to share! Happy Friday! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Very nice to hear that you all are doing well! I'm glad that you guys had a nice Easter...same for us! Those pictures are just too cute. Oh and btw, on to a couple of posts ago, I love the name Ellie Paige...so pretty! :) Well, I guess that I'll talk to you later! Have a good weekend and fun at the Wild Animal Park!

Anonymous said...

Very cute pictures---and yes, he is adorable! I know I'm biased---but he's still adorable!
Mom

Heidi Crocker said...

Hey! You are looking really good. I am glad to hear that your pregnancy is going so well, and that you are loving every minute of it. Luke is very adorable! I love that backdrop as well. Keep the belly pics coming!
Heidi