Thursday, April 12, 2007

Do we need a little girl????

Well...OF-COURSE we need (and want!) a little girl, but this morning, Luke satisfied my immediate desire to have a little girl when he sat down behind me while I did my make-up and combed my hair, (ever so gently I might add) for nearly 20 minutes! :) It was so sweet and tender....he just sat there and played. He's never done such a thing before...being interested in my hair and all like that, so it was certainly out of character for him. I enjoyed it nonetheless! Like I've told you before, you can usually find him running around my bedroom in the morning, jumping off the stool and falling on the floor in hysterical laughter, or climbing up on my bed only to throw something off and jump down to retrieve it again. He is certainly my active boy. But this morning, he was cuddly, sweet and gentle. Mmmm...loved that! :) He even woke early (WAY too early for my taste....5:54am!) and asked to sleep in Mama's bed. I obliged, and he curled up next to me under the covers, wrapped his tiny hand around my index finger, threw his Snuggie up over his face and dozed alongside me for another 25 minutes or so. Oh how I relish moments like those! :)

After we got ourselves ready, we headed out for a few errands. Cost Plus for a dragonfly garland thingy I saw there the other day that will match the baby's bedding (more on that in a minute!), then to Target to check out a convertible crib I saw online, which turned out to be the wrong color, THEN we popped into Home Depot for a quick minute to pick up a few paint swatches for the baby's room. After that, we returned a book for Ty at the Christian bookstore, stuck over to the park for a little exercise on the play equipment, and finally we made our last stop at a favorite little mexican food joint for a couple burritos. I had a meat one, and Luke had a bean & cheese. Mmmmm! And all this was accomplished between 9:45 and 12:15! Not too shabby!! He's snoozing now and I am supposed to be tackling the bills and balancing the checkbook, but I'm here with you all instead. Bad mommy!!! :) hehehe. It weird weather again outside today....cold, windy and it is starting to rain as I type. I guess that's spring for you...you just never know what it will be like outside!

Oh yes...the baby's room! Yesterday, Krystal, the twins, Luke and I drove down to Orange County to visit the nearest Pottery Barn Kids store so that I could make a choice on baby bedding. Ty and I had narrowed it down to two options as we shopped online, but I'm not one who can just order something online very easily without seeing it first. So, with my printouts and catalog in hand, we ventured down to the store to check it out. Both our options were really cute, (as is everything in Pottery Barn!) and I couldn't decide between the two so I bought a small pillow sham of each to bring home and have Ty decide for me. Here were the two options:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/su441_1/index.cfm?pkey=cbdgnbd%7Cb
and
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/su440/index.cfm?pkey=cbdgnbd%7Cb (shown in lavender and sage, but we'd choose pink and sage)

When I brought it home, Ty immediately chose the DragonFly Lily one. My favorite too! It's really cute! Sage, pink and white. Subtle....not too busy or overdone. The colors are nice, but not overwhelming. Perfect. And the little quilt had a thick sage band around it, edged in a tiny detail of pink scallops. So cute! :) I'm growing more and more excited to start her room! Choosing a crib (convertible, like Luke's of-course!) and painting the walls are next on the To Do list. I'm not waiting until the end to get it all done this time around! When Luke was born, I had just finished painting the room a week prior, and although we had purchased the furniture and bedding, nothing was put together. The room was empty! He didn't have to use it right away, being in the NICU so long, but it was still a pain to have to worry about completing the room while he was hospitalized. Not this time. It will ALL be done well ahead of time!

Oh! All this baby talk, and I've been forgetting to post my ultrasounds pictures! It's been nearly a week! I still don't have the final report from my OB as to whether or not they will adjust my dates or if there were any abnormalities....I'm still waiting for him to call me back....but all LOOKED well to my untrained eyes that day. I for sure saw NO cleft palate and her abdomen looked as though her intestines had safely migrated inside. We saw all 10 fingers and toes....eyes, nose and lips. And there was certainly NO DOUBT that she was a girl! She was very cooperative for the tech and we saw ALL of her little parts...even ones I didn't even know you could see on an ultrasound! (I'll spare the details for her sake later on!) :) We watched as she sucked her thumb, wiggled her toes, and even wagged her index finger at us, as if she was showing us "Here is the finger I will have Daddy wrapped around!" :) Wanna see????
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Her sweet profile while sucking her thumb:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And her entire body, minus her head. Since I'm her momma, I said say that I think she looks a bit like a roasted chicken in this one! :) Hehehe! :) She's still a cutie to me though!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am anxious to here the final report as to any abnormalities (hopefully NOT!), to know if the umbilical cord contains three vessels, that her heart looks normal and that there are no other markers for defects. And I'm dying to know if she is measuring appropriate to her gestational age! If she is on the small side or developing IUGR like Luke, it could be an indicator of pre-e, although not always. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Well.....that's all to report today. I really have to go now and tackle the checkbook and hopefully clear some of this clutter that has accumulated on top of our desk. Until next time....

No comments: