Thursday, April 19, 2007

Catching up...

We are catching up on lots of things around here....blogging...cleaning...sleep...pictures...and chores! I'm not sure how the days get away from me, but they do lately. How is it already THURSDAY?! Let's backtrack from our week....

Sunday:
The Wild Animal Park turned out to be great! The weather here at our house was treacherous...raining and really windy, but in San Diego, it was brisk and cool with big, puffy white clouds and a breeze every now and then. Not bad for a day outdoors. We just had to make sure we kept our sweaters on! Luke LOVED the park! We didn't arrive until close to 11am, and we made a b-line for the elephants, since that is what he told us he wanted to see the most! They didn't disappoint! We saw several of them, including two babies that had more energy than they knew what to do with! Luke just stared at the huge giants! He was in awe! It was really cool to see them so close and in a natural environment. They have so much space to roam at the park. Here are a couple of shots...you can see the elephant between Ty and Luke (barely, but it's there!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Daddy and Luke. Check out how he likes to wear his hat now...just like his Dad does so often! He'll actually turn it around himself and put it on that way!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the elephants, we headed for the new bus tour that they have. Into Africa or something like that. You ride on open bus for about 25 minutes through the park's safari area where we got to see giraffe's, rhinos, antelope, cheetahs, zeebras and many more in a natural habitat! SOOO cool! I had never seen those animals so close before. It was really neat. Here's Luke on my lap in the bus.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

THEN we headed over to the lion exhibit, which turned out to be the best part of the day. The lions have a big area to roam too, but in one section as they have in many zoos, you can walk up to a glass enclosure area and peek at the animals more upclose. We were lucky that one of the cubs (who looked full grown to me!) was ready for lunchtime and was down close to us by the window. Luke climbed up on the ledge, planted his face and hands on the glass and gazed at the lions. I guess the cub was just as interested in Luke too and he came RIGHT up next to Luke and looked us square in the eyes! Yikes! I'm glad that there was a thick glass window between us for protection! But what a sight to see a lion so close up! He was literally two inches from us! SOOO cool! Luke giggled and got a HUGE kick out it! The lioness came over soon after to investigate too! Here's Luke and I at the window...the lions were up on a rock far away in front of us at the point. You can barely see them above my head here...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's just a cute shot of Luke with his hat and shades on....we call him the Terminator when he wears his sunglasses! :) LOL!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Luke was zonked after that (it was naptime, afterall!) and fell asleep in the stroller. Since we have our passes for the year, we just opted to head home after that, deciding to do the rest another day. We stopped for some Olive Garden on our way and were home in time to watch the Wiggles and get ready for bed. The boys decided it would be fun to take a bubble bath together in our big bathtub as a 'special ending' to a special day for Luke. That's when I caught Luke's bubble impersonation of Abraham Lincoln:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He cracked himself and us up! Funny kid! Overall, it was a really fun day! Several times, we were all laughing so hard that we were all in tears! Good memories!

Monday I had to work in the ED, so Luke and I hung out at home and layed low in the morning, so that I could conserve my energy for the night to come. Boy am I glad I did! The ED was CRAZY...especially for a Monday and I was running from the time I got there until the time I left at 11pm! I had an intern with me too, so that for a little extra mental effort on my part. It was great though, and she got to see quite a lot! Two dog maullings, a trauma and lots of other 'normal' emergency things.

I didn't get to bed until midnight and Luke has taken a likely to getting up precisely at 6:15 every morning now (not sure what that's about!) so between the short sleep and not sleeping the greatest, I was exhausted on Tuesday. We hung out at home all day again, aside from walking with Tami in the afternoon. I just couldn't drag my bootie out to do much of anything.

Yesterday was back to normal, and we got up and out of the house by 9:30. It was my turn for Mommy Free Time yesterday (rememember how Tami and I switch off every other week while the other watches our boys?) so I took my two hours to run to the mall to see if I could find some capris. No such luck, but it was nice to have a few hours to myself! :) We headed home after another stop at a friend's house for lunch and naps. Then it was off to Costco to stock up on some necessities and home for dinner. Boy! The days go by so fast!

Today's plans are still up in the air. Luke is watching the Wiggles and I have yet to shower. But I think we might head to Circle Time at the library since we haven't done that in awhile. Who knows what the rest of the day will hold.

Oh yeah....really quick....while I was at work on Monday and then twice today while I was shopping I had epsidodes of hot flashes, eerily similar to that hot, pulsating feeling I got when I was pre-eclamptic with Luke, so I had Tami manually take my blood pressure when I stopped by to pick up Luke...just to be sure. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was 100/50! YIPPEE! That's the lowest it has been since before I pregnant with Luke! I asked Tami why there was such a discrepancy between the readings I get at the doctors office and hers (remember the doctor' reading is usually somewhere around 112/68..last time it was 124/68), and she said that the manual reading (done with a stethoscope and cuff) tend to be more accurate than the electronic cuffs they use at the doctor's office. Good for me! I'm was SOOOO happy to see those low numbers again! It did wonders for my sense of concern! Your prayers are working! Thank you! I'll be interested to see what my bp is on Monday at my next OB appointment. I think I'll have to ask Dr. Hage about it too to see what he has to say.

Anyway...I'm off to shower so that I can be ready for Circle Time. But before I go, I would like to ask for prayers for my friend Kelli and her little boy Brayden. Brayden is 5 mos. now and was hospitalized over the weekend due to several episodes where he stopped breathing. 911 was called on Sunday night and Rob, Kelli's husband, had to perform rescue breathing before the parametics got there! (Incredibly scary!!) It was discovered a few weeks ago that Brayden has a congentital heart defect (VSD) and has a hole in his heart that needs to be repaired surgically. However, this week in the hospital, the doctors also discovered a few other abnormalities in his heart and he will likely be undergoing heart surgery within a few days. Please, if you can, pray for Brayden's health, for surgery to go smoothly and for strength for Kelli and Rob as they endure these scary times. Thanks!

Okay...I'm off for now. Enjoy your Thursday! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please send your friends my love. I will keep them in my thoughts. xoxox Jenny