Saturday, December 27, 2008

Still catching up.....

I am still playing catch up on my posts! While I had hoped to be able to fill you in on our Christmas (which was wonderful, btw!) I only have time tonight for some pictures from our visit with Taryn, Megan and Kailyn earlier in the week! We sure did have a great time! It was the first time I'd had all three girls here, along with my own two...well....I think ever! And it was about time! :) We had a blast together and kept pretty busy! I only have a few photos though, as I was either too busy with them to remember to pick up my camera or I just plain forgot to bring it along! But here's what I have with a little timeline mixed in for my own memories sake!

We didn't pick them up at my mom's house until late Sunday evening (8pm I think) as we had a birthday party to attend for a friend of ours. My sister was kind enough to allow me to trade cars with her for a few days so I could cart all 5 kids around, since our Kia is MUCH too small for a crowd like that! As Ty and I drove them all home, we glanced at each other and giggled from our spots in the front seat, knowing full well that this crowded of a vehicle is somebody's daily reality! We are happy with just our two, thank you very much! But I DID love the roars of laughter and silly conversations that happened as we all drove together! It was great for the short time we had 'em! :) Anyway....I digress....

When we got the gang home, it was bedtime for the younger ones. But not before Luke read Kailyn "The Poky Little Puppy"...one of my personal favs!
Photobucket

I had set up our aerobed in Luke's room alongside his big boy bed (a full), so all the kids got to sleep together! As I tucked Luke and Kailyn in and kissed them both goodnight, Luke pleaded with me to sleep next to Kailyn! As I left the room, both were cuddled up, side by side with their stuffed animals and blankets! Such a sweet sight! Taryn, Megan, Ty and I sipped hot cocoa and watched "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" until we were all too tired to stand it any longer! No pics from that night though!

On Monday, ALL the kids decided it would be fun to wake up at 5:45! And while I was prepared for this, 5:45 still seemed too darn early! LOL! We all shuffled downstairs and the kids snuggled under blankets together while I made waffles with whipped cream smiley faces for breakfast (and I chugged my coffee! LOL) Once we were all showered (I'm not lying when I say that it took me an entire 3 1/2 hours to get them all and me showered, dressed, fed and hair done for the day!) we headed out in the rain to Jump Zone...a bounce house place nearby! It was SOOOO much fun! The kids wore themselves out jumping, running, sliding and playing for about 2 hours! I even got to play on the bouncers too and let me tell you, it was FUN!!!!! Though most of the bounces had age restrictions on them that did not allow Ellie to participate, there was one or two that she could go into, so I would sit her on my lap and bounce with her while the other kids hopped wildly around us. She loved it!!! They had a toddler play area too and she was happy to play there while the big kids burned off their waffles and whipped cream! :) Again, no pics of the morning, since I forgot the camera! Duh!

We had lunch when we got home and I was surprised when Luke, Ellie, Kailyn AND Megan all opted for naps in the afternoon! Guess 5:45 WAS a little early!! Tayrn and I used the 'quiet' time to bond over baking some chocolate cookies followed by preparing dinner to pop into the over later on. When everyone was rested, we played some games and waited for Ty to get home from work! I snapped these while we were engrossed in a game of Twister! Ellie wanted in on the fun too!

Photobucket

Photobucket
So did Tess....
Photobucket
Luke just decided that shooting rubber bands was more fun!
Photobucket
Ellie gave up on the game and just watch awhile...
Photobucket

Once Ty arrived home, we sat down to enjoy the dinner Taryn and I had prepared earlier and before we knew it our neighbors were arriving to share dessert with us before heading out to look at Christmas lights! I have to say that I think the seeing the Christmas lights was one of my favorite memories of their stay here. To have all the kids, pajama-clad and happy all in one car together on a cold, drizzling winter night was so much fun! They giggled and sang along to the Christmas songs playing on the radio and at each house we stopped at, I just soaked in all their little comments of awe and wonder! Even little Ellie loved it and would exclaim "wwwoooooowww!" at all the beautiful light displays! As we finally ventured home, we tucked all the kiddos into bed (minus Ellie who was in her own room already fast asleep!) and I read several Christmas stories aloud to them as they wound down from the night. It felt a little like The Waltons as we kissed each of them goodnight and turn out the lights! LOL! So fun!

Tuesday was a less eventful day, with just some errand running in the morning, lunch at home, naps and lots of scootering and playing in the backyard most of the afternoon! Luke absolutely ADORED having his cousins around to play with! He was in heaven the whole time they were here! He loves them so much! Here are a couple last shots I took Tuesday morning as they all were playing in my room....

Photobucket


Photobucket

I dropped them back off with Jenn around dinner time Tuesday night, figuring that Luke would be a little sad at returning to an empty house. To ward off any of those feelings, I had saved his gingerbread house to decorate that evening! It has now become one of our little Christmas traditions and we just loved working on it together as a family! I decided that I wanted to be in the mix decorating too, so I only have these couple of photos...one from the beginning and two of the finished product!

Photobucket
Luke really was happy here, though you wouldn't know it by the look on his face!
Photobucket
He wanted a silly shot too...
Photobucket

AND FINALLY......(yes...there IS an end to this post!!!) I really wanted to share these couple of pics I took of Ellie Christmas Eve morning! Mostly because I just love how they show her little dimpled chin....my most favorite of her features!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And this one just made me happy!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super super SUPER fun! Isn't it amazing how cousins have this spiritual bond that you can't describe? Precious. And those last pictures! Made me teary. :) Miss Belle is just beautiful. Love you. Merry Christmas!

SJ