Wednesday, December 17, 2008

16 months and 16 years on the 16th

Remember my affinity for dates? Well yesterday was another one of those kinda random, kinda special days to me! :) It was 16 years ago last night that Ty and I first met. At 15 and 17, we knew nothing of what the years ahead of us would bring and had NO idea that one day we would be married! Many of you know the story...some of you don't and for the sake of saving face (LOL!) I won't go into detail of that night! :) Suffice to say that we were at a little high school get together and our life paths were permanently altered on that cold, December evening! :) I love you, sweetie! Can you believe it's been 16 years?!

Yesterday also brought Ellie's 16 month birthday! My, how the time is flying! She is such fun at this age! And a little heart breaker in the making! Blowing kisses to everyone... waving hello to complete strangers or cars passing us on the freeway....flirting and giggling with people in the stores....strolling over to me from across the room just to plant a tender kiss on my lips! Ooohhhhh how I LOVE her!!! At 16 months, her communication is exploding and she seems to understand everything that we tell her or ask of her! She also communicates her desires quite well, and has officially mastered the whiny "uuuhh-uhhhh", combined with the abrupt turning away of her head as she squeezes her eyes shut when she doesn't want something! LOL! She has her moments of drama and it is in the moments that we can see the drastic differences between boys and girls! :) But we love her immensely and I am so, so, SO thankful for the blessings of having a little girl! Momma loves you, Belle!

And quickly before I go...Luke seems to be doing better. The fever has been gone for a day or two, but as I suspected, was replaced with a stuffy nose and a case of the sneezes. Just a minor cold...nothing of much concern....but boy! It sure made him feel crummy for those first couple of days! We are hoping he feels well tomorrow, as he has his Christmas musical at school in the morning! Thankfully, Ty and my mom will be joining Ellie and I to watch our little man in his first-ever performance! :) I'll be sure to grab some video to share with you guys!

Off to 'officially' start the day now (even though I've already been up for a full 2 hours!) :) Bye!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL OMG I love Ellie's pic from last year. So stinkin cute.. XOX Jenny