Sunday, December 14, 2008

Fevers, pigtails and Buddy Holly

Weird combination, no? I'll explain.....

Fevers.....
When we got back from the wedding yesterday, we found Luke lying under a blanket on the couch, still in his pj's from the morning (it was 6pm!). He was hot to the touch and rather lethargic. :( Poor baby! The thermometer revealed a 101.5 fever, but there were no other symptoms, really. Gloria reported that he had played much of the day, ate lunch, and napped well, but woke from his nap complaining that his tummy hurt. He refused a snack and just wanted to curl up on the couch to watch tv until we returned home. Hmmm. His fever continued through the night, despite Motrin, and when I crawled into his bed to snuggle with and comfort him sometime around 4am, he was HOT, HOT, HOT! So...no church for us today. He has been feeling 'ok' since he got up, but a little on the sensitive side which tells me he doesn't feel 100%. Not sure what is causing the fever...but I'm sure the next 24 hours will reveal something.

Pigtails.....
Ellie is wearing her hair in her first official set of pigtails today! :) That is just a fun little thing for me to share! :) She still has that fine, long-in-some-parts-and-short-in-others baby hair going on, but I decided to attempt some low piggies today and I think she looks ADORABLE! :) Just like a sweet little GIRL! I LOVE it!


Something about Ellie's smile here makes me think of Gloria (Meemaw!)






And lastly...Buddy Holly....My mom celebrated her birthday on Friday (don't worry Mom...I won't publicly share your age!) It was my parent's 38th wedding anniversary that day as well! Unfortunately, my dad was out of town all last week on a business trip, so my mom was going to be alone much of the day. :( As a cool little surprise, my sister Kim arranged for a singing telegram for my mom! Knowing that my mom most likely would NOT answer the door to a strange man dressed up like Buddy Holly, the kids and I arranged to bring her a yummy lunch so that we could be there with her when her birthday surprise arrived. The telegram guy came right on time and serenaded my mom for a good 10 minutes with his Buddy Holly impersonation! My mom was SO surprised! She LOVED it! (Thanks, Kim! It was a perfect idea!) Here is a little video clip....but again, don't forget to pause the playlist on the sidebar first!


He was a little kookie, but it was a lot of fun and my mom thought it was great! You were such a good sport too, Mom!!! Happy Belated Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Love you guys!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie looks absolutely ADORABLE!!! I need to work on Sara having more style!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for videoing the singing telegram! It was fun to watch!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Thanks for editing out all the "dorky" parts---you did a good job!!! And it WAS fun---I'll remember it always! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I would have died. I so needed that laugh. Buddy Holly wow.. I LOVE pigtails in little girls. SOOO CUTE. Hows luke feelin now? XOXO Jenny