Friday, September 5, 2008

Following suit....

One of my good friends was having a pretty rough day yesterday and much like me, posted about it earlier in the day. But when I went back to check in on her last night, her new post convicted my heart and God spoke gently to me. Her post was about working in the opposite spirit and against the grain of what she was feeling that day and trying to focus on the things she was thankful for. What an awesome way to react to suffering! Her post was a reminder to me that I need to focus in on the positive things and not the irritations of my day, which is what I was doing yesterday. I had a hard time letting go of my frustration yesterday!!

Now don't get me wrong, I know that having an 'off' day isn't a bad thing per se, and I certainly don't feel badly for sharing my angst here. I know that its okay to vent and share and that, oftentimes, it is a good way for me to move past my grouchy feelings. BUT....it is ALSO good for me to keep it in perspective. On Sunday, our pastor was teaching on this as well (Do you think God is trying to tell me something????) and among the many things he spoke about, he asked "How often do we count our bummers instead of our blessings?" He cracked a little joke about that, but the essence of what he was getting at still lingers in my mind. So.......today, unlike yesterday, I am going to count my blessings......here they are!

  • I am blessed that each day is a new day and that today is a MUCH better one! :)
  • I am blessed to have two beautiful, healthy children who I get to watch grow and change each and every day!
  • I am blessed with an amazing, loving, loyal (and handsome!) husband who works so hard to provide and care for our family! He is my best friend and an awesome teammate!
  • I am blessed with more than a handful of very close, very dear friends who make up my 'inner circle' and get me through, and I am also so blessed to have so many MORE friends that support and love our family!
  • I am SO blessed to be able to stay home as my children grow and that, financially speaking, it works!
  • I am blessed by the simple hug and "I love you, Mommy" from my sweet boy, who may behave 'stinky' at times, but more often than not teaches me about real love!
  • I am blessed with a beautiful home, a wonderful neighborhood and neighbors who I call friends.
  • I am blessed to have this little photography business of mine that helps to pay for extra things like preschool and Christmas! :)
  • I am blessed that BOTH my kids still nap...AT THE SAME TIME everyday! :) LOL!
  • I am blessed by the comments you guys leave here...they make me feel loved!
  • I am blessed to have the support and love of my family and sisters who have grown to be friends.
  • I am blessed by the contagious giggles that rise through my house when Ellie pets Tess!

I am blessed....yes, I am blessed indeed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Luke has had a bad few days. But am happy that things are looking up. I definitely need to look at positive moments in the day and not the negative ones....especially after a really long hard day! Thanks for posting the inspirational message.
Love
Heidi