Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, my Love!

Ty turns 33 today! (Sorry honey...hope it was okay to share your age!) :) Luke and I just called and left a 'Good morning, Happy Birthday' message on his phone, which I know he will love. I hope that you have a wonderful day, sweetie! You are such an amazing father and husband! We are so proud of you and I hope you know how deeply we all love you! Happy Birthday, Love!

Unfortunately for Ty, Wednesdays are always his long days (starting at 3:15 and ending sometime after dark!) so it probably won't be much of a celebration day, but Luke and I will prepare a special dinner and dessert for him tonight and try to make the most of the day. We went out to dinner on Sunday with his side of the family to celebrate. His Mom's birthday was on Monday too.

Kind of a funny story from dinner that night....we went to Claim Jumper and Luke was such a good boy while we waited for our food (which took a LONG time!). He played quietly with his tiger backpack full of toys, but at one point, I looked over at him and he was obviously getting bored. Since he was still behaving though, I went back to my conversation. The next thing I knew, from the corner of my eye I see milk shoot across the table onto Ty's Aunt Vicki's plate! Luke was sitting across from her and apparently in his boredom, he had taken a gulp of milk, held it in his cheeks and then squished his cheeks together with his hands; launching his milk clear across the booth, onto Vicki's side of the table!!!! Now, I am certain that he did not know that the milk would shoot out of his mouth. He had never done anything like that before! We have however, played the game of 'popping the balloon' when you puff out your cheeks with air and tap them with your palms to make your mouth 'pop'. We do that a lot. Never with water or a drink in our mouths though! But in his boredom, he was just playing and inadvertently shot the milk out. I was shocked when I saw him do it (and for an instant, a little mad too!) but now as I think back to it, it is pretty funny! We made him apologize to Vicki and explained that he is not allowed to do that again. I think he was pretty surprised at himself too. You could just tell he didn't mean to do it. Silly kid!

Annnyyyway.....must get going and start the day! Happy Birthday, Ty! We love, love, LOVE you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed and laughed when I read your account of dinner at Claim Jumper and Luke's trick with the milk!!!! Pretty funny---although I'm sure it was pretty shocking at the time, especially to Vicki!
Mom

bennett baby blog said...

Happy belated birthday, Ty! Hope you had a good one!