Friday, March 7, 2008

Blogging from bed....

Ahhhh......how I love laptops! :) As I type, I am snuggled up so cozy in bed...the kids are asleep and the house is blissfully silent. Ty is out tonight for a night with the guys, and here I am. Friday night...its 8:40pm, am I'm blogging from bed in my pj's. For some, that probably sounds intensely boring or lonely, but for me, its wonderful! A little peace and quiet is good for the soul.

It was a tiring kind of day for me today, so I'm sure that sleep will not be far off. Ellie slept fitfully last night; waking at 1:35am, 3ish, and then again at 5. This is very unusual for her nowadays. Most nights I am getting 11 straight hours of sleep out of her! But last night, I found her crying in her sleep when I finally dragged my blurry-eyed self out of bed at 1:30. Teeth maybe? Its 'bout the only logical reason I can muster. She fell quickly back to sleep when snuggled her warm little body into my chest and then laid her back in her crib, but I heard her muffled cries again a few hours later (to which I only pulled a pillow over my head! I know...bad mommy!!). I was up again at 5 to nurse her, and then attempted to return to bed, but Luke was awake then too, and sleep was soon a distant memory for me. :( Sometimes I wonder how I ever survived those nights of waking every 2 hours with my kiddos when they were so tiny. Give a girl some real sleep and any unusual nighttime waking wrecks havoc on the next day! Phew! Two cups of coffee and a Monster drink couldn't even touch me today. :(

Annnnyyyyway.....
If you're reading this, you have obviously found your way to the new (old) blog. It was definitely time to rid our last name from the blog. Safety first, ya know! Hopefully, I'll be working on a new title bar soon....the one above is just our transition one until I can get somebody to take the picture of the four of us that I have in mind. It might be awhile though. And hopefully I'll be better at blogging in the coming weeks. (Thanks Heidi and Kelli for the inspiring ideas!) Since you asked, yes...I did finally get all of my roses in last weekend. There are six total now. I think I already told you about the first three. The second three are just as meaningful. I picked a beautiful lavender colored, very fragrant one called a Paradise for Ellie, since purple will certainly stand out as a 'little girl's' color and because the name just seemed so soothing and tranquil. For Ty, I chose a deep crimson red-black rose called an Oklahoma (the name has no meaning...just the color) because red is the color of passion and love, and also because we had deep red roses at our wedding. The last rose I chose represents our family as a whole, and it is an orange rose with red edges called Glowing Peace. Sounds so heavenly, doesn't it?! It reminds me that our home is to be a place of solitude, grace and love...a refuge for our family. I really love that I have a rose garden to represent so many important things in my life. I honestly didn't think that it would mean so much to me, but it does. Its my special little project. I can't wait to see it bloom! (Hopefully, they don't suffer too much shock though! Dead rose bushes would certainly seem like a bad omen, if I believed in such things!) hahaha

Well, blog-fans, as I type my eyes are becoming intensely heavy and sleep doesn't feel far off. I should get going for now. Here's to a blissful weekend ahead.....ta-ta, my friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you all are doing well...thanks for sending me the new link. :) Your rose garden sounds sooo pretty!!
Well anyway...hope to talk to ya soon!
Lots of love,
Taylor