Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just like my dad...

We spent the vast majority of our day outside doing yard work, working on our sprinklers, and washing the cars. (I have to admit, before I get much further, that Ty was in fact the one doing most of the work....he washed and waxed my car (thanks, hun!), mowed the lawn and finished the yard work, since I usually had my hands full with Ellie! But I helped out during nap time!) While we worked, Luke kept himself busy diligently trying to be just like his Daddy. He scrubbed the car, sprayed off the soap with the hose, swept the patio and did whatever he could to work alongside and emulate his hero. After naps, I was chatting with our neighbor and just HAD to run inside to grab the video camera to capture this:



I'm not sure that I could even capture the look of pride on Luke's face while he was working with his Daddy! He was on cloud nine and so, so, so proud of himself! And I'm not sure that you could read his shirt, but when Ty got him dressed this morning, he chose the shirt that Aunt Jenn bought him that reads "My Dad is the Man!" So true! And in Luke's eyes, his daddy is a superhero! I just love watching the two of them together...father and son...and how Luke just simply adores him! Makes my heart happy!

So that was one of two favorite moments from my day. The second came at bedtime while I was putting Ellie down. She has been somewhat fussy lately when I lay her down. I think she is finally old enough to realize that getting ready for bed means that she will soon be left alone in her crib and she doesn't like that all too much. She has begun to cry when I first lay her down on her changing table to even put her pj's on. :( Tonight was no different, and she was sobbing as I laid her in her crib, even after several minutes of rocking and cuddling. :( And as I often do, I bent down close to her to nuzzle her neck and kiss her lips before heading out of the room. And as I did, she immediately stop crying and replaced her tears with laughter! Over and over again, I pull away and then bend down close again, kissing her time and again on the corner of her mouth and she would just giggle and giggle! Her giggle, of-course, was completely infectious and in no time, I was laughing right along with her, unable to pull myself away from our little impromptu game! I think I must've lingered there for 5 minutes playing with her! It was just one of those moments when time stands still and nothing in the world matters as much as what was happening just then. Bonding. Oh! How I adore her!!! How on earth did I get so lucky as to have TWO such incredible kids???!! I am blessed beyond words!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I lingered on the 'puter awhile after posting this and decided I had to add these couple of pictures of Ellie that I took on Friday. Just wanted to share...

I just loved her little 'look' here
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ok...that's it. I'm really going now! Night! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked in really quick this morning thinking you wouldn't have blogged again, but was surprised by your fun update. Luke and his daddy are just too cute and Ellie's little smile is adorable. You're such a happy family! Your love shows through! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months!
-Roni