Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Recap

Yet ANOTHER week has passed me by without blogging. :( Busy times. Let me recap...

Thanksgiving turned out beautifully. It was quite busy with getting everything ready, having a house full of people AND being ill on top of it all, but we were thrilled to have our family here and share Thanksgiving with them in our OWN home! :) The meal turned out great and everyone was happy! Here are just a few photos...

Ellie in her cute little dress...the first one she's ever worn! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A blurry smile, but a smile nonetheless...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm sorry to not have any pictures of Luke in what I call his 'hubba-bubba' outfit. :( By the time he was up from him nap, the house was full of people and I was busy with dinner prep. No time for pictures, I'm sorry to say! But he looked quite dashing in his dark khaki/brown pants and long-sleeved button down light blue dress shirt. VERY handsome!

Here's the turkey man...he did a FANTASTIC job with both turkeys. We made a good dinner-makin' team, he and I! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the Thanksgiving festivities were though, we spent the rest of the weekend cleaning up, putting up some Christmas decorations, and we also went out to tag our Christmas tree. :) We were able to make our first batch of Christmas cookies as well. Luke loved 'helping', but his favorite part was this...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...licking the beaters. That's my favorite part too! :) This picture is blurry too...I was in a hurry, I guess!

I also go the chance to visit with my good friend Heidi over the weekend too, as she was in town with her hubby and sweet boy Brandon for the holiday. I was sad that we were all sick in our house, because it made for a short visit at the last minute on Friday (they were in town all week), but it was still great to see her and meet Brandon after all these months. I had the privilege of photographing her family too...hope you don't mind me sharing this one, Heidi. You guys are just too beautiful to pass up the opportunity to post your pic! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ellie mastered a few new things the last few days too....first was learning that her fingers are a great alternative to a pacifier (which she refuses to take!)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...and second was her new ability to use the Bumbo!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She loves the Bumbo! It allows her to see so much more and interact in ways she can't lying flat on her back. She still isn't the world's biggest fan of tummy time either, so the Bumbo is exciting! :) Oh, and as for our adventures in bottle feeding....we've pretty much given up on it. :( The child just flat out refuses! So we've decided to use a medicine dropper technique that I researched online in the event I'm away for longer than a few hours, and in a month or two, we will try to get her used to a cup. For now though, no bottle feeding means no night away for our anniversary this year. :( Sooooo disappointing to me, but as my sister reminded me, we've gotten away for the past few years and there will be plenty more opportunities ahead of us. She's right. One year won't be THAT big of a deal in the scheme of things. I will most certainly survive. :) Just sad to have looked forward to it and now not be able to follow through, ya know?! Ty assures me that we aren't abandoning the idea, just postponing it for awhile....maybe until his birthday or mine. We'll see.

My last few pictures to share of from yesterday. Luke was out in the backyard playing in his sand table just before sunset and I was working in the kitchen. Suddenly he calls to me... "Moooommm! Lookit! Come twick!" I looked out the window hurriedly, thinking something was wrong, but he was pointing toward the front of the house. "Look, Mom! The sunset!" It was simply awesome! The sky was afire with oranges and reds. A sight to behold! We rushed to the front yard to get a better view and then up to his room to see the sun dip beyond the horizon. "Did you know Luke, that God sent that sunset just for you?" I asked. "That was your special surprise from God today. Just for Luke. Isn't it beautiful?" "Yep....it IS beau-ful!" And when Daddy got home last night, Luke just couldn't wait to tell him all about the surprise God sent him that afternoon. :) It warms my heart just remembering it just now. :) We try diligently to teach Luke about God and how He often reveals Himself through nature. And we always point out the sunsets, as they are our favorite things, as one of the ways God delights us. He's learning. And it's a wonderful thing to watch!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! I love the one of Ellie sucking on her fingers.

When you get a chance, post a picture of your grassy backyard so we can see it in all it's beauty! ;)

Kelli

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you! I wish we could have hung out more. Thanks again for the pictures. They turned out B-eautiful..... :-) I think Ellie is just so cute, I love her dress. The pictures of the sunset are amazing. You have such a talent!
Love,
Heidi