Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gone dark.....

with my hair color, that is. And I am not too sure that its a good thing. :( I had a hair appointment yesterday and I went in with the intentions of darkening up my hair to more of its 'natural' dirty blond color so that I don't have to continue with the 'upkeep' of highlighted hair. (Money, ya know!) So my hairstylist, who I totally trust, matched up my color and decided that since my hair doesn't hold color very well, that we would go a bit darker with the intentions of it fading away to a nice 'natural' shade for me. Well......she went darker all right. Much darker. So much so that when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I don't recognize myself. And to be perfectly honest, I am feeling very self-conscious of my hair today. I don't mean to sound vain, but how your hair looks is important, and today I honestly don't want to leave the house. :( It is the first day, and I know if will fade, but right now I'm just not sure if I like it. Change is hard. And I'm scared to see other people's reaction. I've never really been a brunette before...with the exception of a time back in 2004 when my hair looked like this...this was my 27th birthday...pre-kids:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I guess in looking back at the picture, the color now isn't much different, except there aren't any bold highlights anymore...just subtle natural ones from my 'old' hair color. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe I'll post a picture later. We'll see. And mom, I already now you won't like it....just to warn you!

Anyway...that's enough vanity for now. The last week has been pretty busy for us. Like Krystal told me on the phone yesterday, its either feast or famine 'round here in regard to being busy. I'm either feeling bored with not much to do or I'm slammed with a zillion things on my to-do list. The last two weeks, I feel slammed. I totally like being busy, but I also like having a day here or there when I don't have any 'planned' activities and I can just catch up on the day-to-day things like laundry, cleaning house and playing with the kids. So today, we're ditching My Gym in order to get some house cleaning and grocery shopping done. (And its a convenient excuse not to have to show my face anywhere just yet where people know me....that's bad, I know, but its how I feel!)

I'll leave you with some pictures from last week when I took the kids up to Oak Glen to scope out a spot for Krystal's family pictures this past weekend. Luke loved playing in all the leaves and now he keeps asking to go back to the 'picture spot.' :) He had fun!
Having our picnic lunch before picture-spot-hunting...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A perfect spot for a rest...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Is this a climbing tree??
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Playing 'bow hunting' just like Daddy....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On our way to the car to go home...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alrighty....that's 'bout it for me today. Its breakfast and shower time. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny that you decided to go dark...I did that after Brayden was born because the upkeep is just too much to deal with (time and money - wise). Give yourself some time to adjust. It will fade, mine did and I always liked it better after it did - you'll find the right color/style. I'm sure it looks great on you though!

I love the picture of Luke "bow-hunting." It's adorable - he looks like he's ready for the hunt. :)

Kelli

Anonymous said...

OK, so lets see the new look already! Well you know what they say (ok I say) brunettes have more fun! Rich has taken up bow hunting and loves it. Looks like Luke is goona take after Ty. XO Jenny

Anonymous said...

So I am assuming Ellie was snug in the Moby - no pics of her :-(

I am sure your hair looks really good - it always does - it is just a shock at first!

Miss you!
Amy

Heidi Crocker said...

I can't believe how big Luke has gotten. I love the Lukey Long Legs! Also Ellie is turning into such a beautiful baby girl. I love seeing all of the pictures and keeping track of the McLaughlins....I miss you guys. I am always lurking just need to post comments more!
Heidi