Monday, February 12, 2007

Third times a charm....

So I am back from my weekend away (more on that in a bit), but not without a bit of drama before I left. On Friday, Luke woke up with a temp. of 104! It was his 4th day of the new antibiotics, but something was still making his fever climb. 104 is actually the highest fever he's ever had, so I knew we were pediatrician-bound again that morning. We popped him immediately into a 'luke-warm" bath as soon as I realized his temp was so high and made sure to get some Motrin on board. The bath brought it down about a half of a degree, and the Motrin helped bring it down a bit more (to 102), but even by the 3rd hour, it was climbing again to 102.5. Grrr! We alternated Motrin and Tylenol and that helped to get it down before we left for the doctor's office. I was able to get the very last appointment available for the day at 11:30 am (thank goodness) but it proved to be a hectic morning, as I had to get all my things packed up for the weekend and I had to be ready to leave for the airport when I left for the pediatrician's office. I scrambled around the house, getting my bags packed, keeping Luke occupied and making sure things were tidy before I left. We had to run to my mom's house too, so I quickly made it over there and down to Redlands just in time for our appointment. PHEW! Too bad that we sat in the waiting room for another 25 minutes BEFORE we sat for another 20 inside our room! Grrrrr! Did I mention that I had to meet up with Ty and be on the road for the airport by 1:30pm??? We were pushing it! The doctor wasn't really sure what was happening with him, but it was one of two options: either he had a bacterial infection that just wasn't being touched by the new antibiotics or it was viral and there was really nothing to be done but let it take it's course. :( He guessed that it was the former, rather than the later and gave him an injection of antibiotics and asked to see Luke again the following day for a recheck. Poor guy now had a double ear infection, some serious sinus congestion and a crazy-high fever. :( NOT fun! We made it out of the dr.'s office at 1:20 (yes....almost TWO hours after our scheduled appt!) and we hustled to the airport. I was in NO mood to hop on an airplane and leave him for the weekend, but Ty was adamant that there was nothing more that I could do by staying at home that he couldn't do just as well. He was right. So I went ahead and left. :( Luke's fever seemed to break over night and he's been better since....thank goodness! Ty did an awesome job of taking care of him all weekend....even when he had to get up twice in the night to check for fever and give meds. :) What a good husband I have! :) LOVE that man!

MY weekend was nice and so was the baby shower. It was wonderful to see my girlfriends and get some belly pictures of all of us together. These are my girlfriends from jr. high and Heidi is my life-long friend...we met in preschool when we were 2 1/2! We are all pregnant together right now, with 10 weeks separating Heidi and Amy and then 10 weeks between Amy and I! Quite ironic! It was fun to compare and share our stories! A very special time for all of us!
Here is a picture from our jr. high days....we are in 7th grade here, as you can probably tell by the bangs! :)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is us together for our senior pictures in high school:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And here is a little belly-shot of the three of us from over the weekend (yes..I have quite a belly for my short 11 weeks! It sure does grow a lot faster and bigger the second time around!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fun!

The only damper on my weekend was a short episode of spotting that I had on Saturday afternoon. :( It was my second experience with it....I had some brief spotting the Saturday before, but both times, it resolved pretty quickly. When I noticed it over the weekend though, I made a call to by OB and spoke with him directly (soooo nice!). Since I'm only 11 1/2 weeks, there really isn't a whole lot that can be done for me, so he recommended that I rest and take it easy as much as possible,stay off my feet, drink LOTS of fluids and I was to come in today (Monday) to receive my Rogam (sp?) injection, since my blood type is A negative. Usually the Rogam shot is given around 28 weeks, but since I'm having 1st trimester bleeding, it's imperative that I receive it now to ensure the safety of the baby. I had the injection about an hour ago! I see Dr. Hage a week from Wednesday, so we'll talk more about it all then and go from there. He said that as long as I wasn't having any more symptoms (cramping, urinary/UTI symptoms, or more bleeding) that it was fine to wait until my next appointment. So far, so good. I'm just being persistent in prayer and doing what I can to take is easy. It's a bit rough with Luke though....I'm so used to picking him up and all. I have to constantly remind myself to not over-do it. He's being a bit of a stinker too, and is rather clingy and whiny today, which doesn't make it much easier. I think he's just re-adjusting to having me back....and punishing me a bit more leaving him. :( That's a whole other story in itself though , and I'm short on time. For now though, I just asked for your prayers that this spotting will NOT return and that the baby continues to grow healthy and strong. I'm really trying not to worry, but with all that happened with Luke's pregnancy, it's hard not to feel anxious about it. Please just pray for us!

I think that's all from me for now! Thanks for checking in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome that you have friends like that, and to all be pregnant together, how fun! And wow, you do have a belly already!! I'm sorry about the bleeding, I had that with Hailey and I was so so scared, do you maybe have placenta previa? That's what they said caused my bleeding, so I got to be on bedrest and pelvic rest for a long time. :( Poor Luke, I hope he feels better soon!

Jamie Corbett

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about the issues with your pregnancy and your sick boy Luke. I'll definitely keep this in my prayers, even though I'm sure everything will be ok! :) Glad that you had a nice time with your friends...It was funny to see the pics. of you with them at my age. How cool that you stayed in touch! Well I'll talk to you soon! :) Thanks for keepin' me updated!

Kristin said...

I knew I was needing an update...glad you enjoyed your weekend and that Luke is finally doing better. But, I'm sorry to hear about the spotting. ALWAYS scary.

Anonymous said...

OMG Kristin...I was in tears. All three of you look so happy. I pray for you all and I am so happy to see the photos. You made my day! Lotas of Love Jenny