Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A day with my 'other' man...

Luke and I flew solo to my OB appointment today. We weren't able to schedule it on a day when Ty was off, this time around. :( He'll be there for all the rest of the though, so no big deal! The appointment itself went great! I prepped Luke all morning for what to expect, making sure that he understood that we were going to Mommy's doctor and not Lukey's (they are in the same building, so I wanted to be sure he didn't worry that he was the one being seen.) We talked a lot about the baby beforehand and how we would hear the 'whoosh-whoosh-whoosh" of the baby's heartbeat. He was excited for that and kept saying "Baby...whoosh!" Cute! We went over how he would sit in the chair next to Mommy while I laid on the table and the doctor touched my belly....and how IF he behaved well during the appointment, he could have a 'sutter' (aka sucker) afterwards. I think the sucker bribery alone would have done the trick :P but either way, he was an absolute angel!

My BP this time around was a teeny-tiny bit better than last appointment (112/68....still normal by the doctor's standards, but still what I consider high for me) and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat, although mine was masking it for a good part of the time. It was around 150, which is nice and healthy! Dr. Hage did a quick ultrasound to peek at my little bambino and we saw the heartbeat there too! No pictures this time around though, since the printer wasn't working properly. :( Bummer! But I saw him/her as clear as day, with its nice, round head and a body that no longer looks like an alien! :) Just a teeny version of a newborn! Everything else checked out well and I am just 2 days shy of beginning my 2nd trimester! I was able to schedule my 20 week fetal anatomy ultrasound for 6 weeks from now (I'll actually only be 19 weeks, but that's okay!) Yay! That ultrasound would normally be the one when we would learn of the baby's gender, but Ty and I are planning to share the experience of finding out with our parents and a few close friends a week earlier at a fetal imaging place in Redlands. We'll be able to have everyone in one big room, equipped with a big-screen tv to watch the 3D ultrasound together! I know my parents and Ty's mom have never been afforded the opportunity to see something like that, since ultrasounds really weren't done when we were all born, so this will be extra special! We're calling in our Gender Party....maybe G-day for short?! I can hardly wait! March 30th! Yay!

After the OB, Luke and I headed back to Target to exchange some of the towels and things I bought the other day for the downstairs bathroom, and then headed home for naptime. While he slept, I did the next installment of my every 4 week belly pictures (check out the very bottom of the blog page for the progression to date) and then photoshopped a bit. When he woke, the first words out of his mouth were "Cheese?" (His way of saying he wants his picture taken) so I snapped a new of him! Check out these big, blue eyes!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then he asked for his hat, and I obliged. I bought this for him last weekend at the Gap...I just couldn't resist it! My Prince Charming...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And last, he asked for Tess...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A boy's favorite things....his hat, his dog and his Snuggie! :) Not the greatest quality of pictures, but not to shabby either, when you consider that neither the dog nor Luke wanted to hold still long enough for me to focus! :)

After our impromptu photo session, we headed outside for some sunshine, a juice box and to wait for the garage door repairman who decided NOT to show up! Grrrr! I really hate unreliable people! Oh well! Luke and I enjoyed the fresh air, a little tee-ball and a few good rides down his slide. :) Who can complain about that!

Guess that's it for today! Happy sleeping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a ham! I love the pics and his big blue eyes. Love Jenny

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!!
Mom aka "Dagma"