Monday, February 19, 2007

A close call for Ty!

God was looking out for Ty today, that's for sure! He was driving home from work on the freeway when the car in front of him kicked up some tire tread that was in the lane. The tread crashed into Ty's windshield, completely destroying it! Thank goodness he was alright AND wearing his sunglasses, since LOTS of glass came showering all over him! The windshield itself stayed mostly intacted, but lots of it also came in on him! Wanna see?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Crazy! I'm just so thankful that he is okay! It could've been MUCH, much worse. Phew! He is a lucky man today! The sad part is that not one person even stopped to see if he was alright. :( Guess that is how California drivers are though. Ty said that the lady who actually kicked up the tread just looked in her rearview mirror, watched the tread smash into him and kept on driving. Nice. We called the insurance company and they are sending out a company to replace the windshield here at our house tomorrow morning. The tire dented the roof too and made a few large scratches, so we'll have to take it in to a repair shop soon to fix all that. It'll be covered though, after our deductible.

Well...I have a little boy sitting here begging me "Mama, play! Mama, play!" so I should really get going. Just wanted to share our excitment for the day, even though its some we could have lived without!

More soon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks bad...Thank God he's ok. At least you have a good insurance company to take care of you (USAA) and no one was seriously hurt.

Kelli Spence

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I had almost the same thing happen to me while I was taking my little brothers to Disneyland. A truck driving next to me hit a box on the freeway causing it to explode and a speaker magnet the size of a hockey puck flew through my windshield and missed my head by an inch or two and LUCKILY hit my headreast and slid down my seat. I was going about 70 mph, so if that thing went an inch or two either way it would have seriously hurt me and/or my little brother in the seat behind me. I didn't even no it flew in until after I got out of the car. We were showered in glass and covered in small cuts. And no one stopped for us either. I saved the magnet and think about that incident often. God was definitely watching out for Ty today! I'm glad he's ok!

Jamie Corbett

Kristin said...

Sheesh, that's awful! I can't believe glass from the windshield actually came in on him. They taught me in EMT school that that's not supposed to ever happen. Scary! I'm so glad God was looking out for him as always and that he was okay...eyes too!

Man, I can't believe nobody stopped. Especially Ms. Rudey Ruderson watching it happen in her mirror like she does that kind of crap for fun.

Anonymous said...

Thank the good lord that he was looking after Ty. I tell you what, when I am home visiting my mom I have the hardest time driving in the rush of SoCal. The max speed where I live is 50 and most of the time its only 35. I literally get anxiety attacks when I drive in SoCal. Anywho...I am glad to hear Ty is ok...everything else can be fixed. God Bless XO Jenny