Friday, July 11, 2008

Night cap....

My little play on words. I'm not having a traditional night cap tonight. No. Just lying here in bed, with Ty's laptop gracing my.....well...lap and doing a little recap of the week. And it's night time. Hence night cap. Yes...I'm in a strange mood tonight, if you couldn't tell! :) LOL!

Anyway, for the first time in a long time, I'm so thankful that it is Friday and the week is over! It's been one of 'those' weeks for me. Interestingly enough, nothing negative really happened to make it a rough week. Just the day to day, normal things. But for one reason or another, I feel completely drained and in need of a break today. I teased tonight that sometimes I feel like I'm living in the movie Groundhogs Day...where each day is so very much like the last and things are so entirely predictable that you have to wonder if someone didn't just push the repeat button on life. Ever have days like that? When you can predict the precise moment your child will wake up or melt down or the words that will come from someones lips or exactly how your day will go...down to the minute? That was my week. Predictable almost to the point of irritation. Not that predictability is bad...in fact, a few of you readers out there would argue that some predictability in life right now would be a huge blessing. And I keep that in perspective as I write. But tonight, I just need a break from the monotony. I'm slightly underwhelmed at the moment.

Annnnyyyyyway.....my intentions tonight are not to bemoan my mediocrity right now. I actually wanted to tell you about something wonderful that happened this week. On Tuesday, I was fortunate to be able to spend a morning at the park with Sarah, Hudson and Angel. Angel's labs were looking a tad bit better this week (at-least his immunity was up) so Sarah was finally able to end their 2 month long seclusion and take the boys out a bit. Luke, Ellie and I were delighted to be their first little outing! :) We met at the park and played for some time in the early part of the morning before it got too blazing hot! The boys had a BLAST and I must say that it did my heart wonders to be able to spend some time with them! Especially after our 4th of July got jazzed up with the whole strep throat thing! With Angel's health so precarious right now, I just needed to see him...to spend some time playing with him and making a precious memory for myself. And in the same way, I needed to see Sarah too. Her recent weeks have been such a roller coaster and because she is my close friend, I feel like I have been riding those bumps and turns along with her. As I write those words, I have to snicker at myself for feeling 'underwhelmed' tonight. Seems like such a contradiction to the crazy feelings of just a week ago! Silly. How quickly feelings change, eh? Regardless of my fleeting emotions tonight, I was and am so grateful to have spent some time with them! Here are a few cute pics I took after all their running and playing.
Photobucket

Look at those rosey cheeks!!!

Photobucket

And I love these two.....look how grown up they look together!!!!

Photobucket

Can't you just see them in ten years time....teenagers and still friends? I can. Love that thought!
And by the looks of him, one wouldn't know how dangerously ill Angel has been! He has such a fighting, vibrant spirit! He was finally listed for organ transplant last week, with an urgent but not as emergent status as they originally thought. There are daily up's and downs, and the entire situation is still immesely precarious, but for now... for this week at-least, they were all able to live a little! Praises for that!

I am slowly but surely sliding into the abyss of sleep as I type, so it is time for me to go. Sorry for the somewhat disjointed, randomness of this post. Such a strange mood tonight. And it's not even a full moon! :) LOL! Night, friends!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

What a cute bunch of kids they are!