Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The number of the day....

....today is TWO.

Its been two months already since my sweet Ellie came into this world. I can't believe that its already been that long! I know I say it over and over, but the time is passing us by much too quickly. I love to just sit and stare at her (when there isn't a two-year-old at my feet asking for a new activity every two minutes!) and it seems that every time I look down, she is bigger, smiling more and way cuter! :) She's starting to bat at objects when they are near to her face and she's begun to coo, if even just a little. She is still such a quiet, mellow child. I hardly hear a peep out of her unless she is hungry or really cold. And even then, her cries are momentary. She is just as sweet as sweet can be! I have fallen head over heals in love with her!! I would move Heaven and earth for this child!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Isn't she just the cutest thing?!? That picture was taken just before we went to the Pumpkin Patch on Sunday....more on that in just a minute.

Being that it is her two-month birthday, Ellie had her well-baby checkup today. She weighed in at 10 lbs 5 oz. (she was 9lbs even last month!) and she gained another inch and a half in length, putting her at 22 3/4 inches long. All her measurements placed her in the 50th percentile....average, average, average! Love that! :) The rest of the visit went well, aside from the poor thing having to get a couple of pokes. She wasn't too happy about that, but who would be. Luke even got a poke too....his flu shot to protect his little sister from that nasty bug. I prepared him before we left the house this morning, and he braved the poke like a champ! While we were sitting in the room waiting for the nurse to come in, he kept telling me, "Mommy, I don't want to have a pote." But despite feeling nervous about it, he did his job of holding still, and got a sucker afterwards for doing such an awesome job! What a big boy! He got teary-eyed right afterwards and clung to me for a bit, but soon it was as if it had never happened. I'll tell ya....he's a brave boy!

In keeping with my number of the day theme....its been two days since we visited the Pumpkin Patch. We headed out mid-morning on Sunday, hoping that maybe we'd beat some of the crowds. Boy, were we wrong! The place was packed! And pretty warm for our long-sleeved and jean clad bodies! (It was cold and foggy when we all got dressed that morning.) But we still had fun! The kids loved to take turns riding and pushing the little wagon while we hunted our pumpkins, and I had fun snapping photos of them all! After we made our way through the pumpkin patch, the kids got to enjoy some rides and the petting zoo before heading home. Luke got a kick out of the goats in the petting zoo when they tried to take a nibble out of his shirt. He thought that was super silly! And he LOVED the quad ride he got to take with Daddy. Even Ty said it was a lot of fun...lots of 'whoops' as Taryn calls them. But Luke said his favorite part was riding Cinnamon, the brown horse on the pony ride. For a kid who was so afraid of the ponies the first time we tried to get him to ride them, he sure has taken a liking to them now! It was all he would talk about afterwards. "Mommy, I rode on the pony....we went round and round and round." (imagine him saying this with a look of sheer joy on his face while making circles with his arms in the air. Cute kiddo!) Here is a quick montage I put together....there were just too many pictures to share them individually.




Let's see...what else can I make fit into my theme today????? Hmmm. Yesterday I got to enjoy two hours of mommy-free-time! My aunt and uncle were here visiting and my aunt Nancy graciously offered to watch both kids while I shopped Ross for an outfit to wear to our friend's wedding this weekend. I pumped a bottle for Ellie just in case, and apparently they both did great. It was nice to get away for a bit, although I still found myself worrying about the time and hoping that all was okay with them. Mommy-brain. Sometimes we long to get away and then when we do, we spend our time thinking of our kids! :) My Ross trip was pretty unsuccessful for me (although I found Luke a new pair of shoes and a new blanket for his bed!), so when Ty got home from work, we decided to divide and conquer. I took Ellie with me to Kohl's and Luke got to stay with Daddy and help in the yard. Ellie is MUCH easier to shop with than Luke ever was. She just sat in her seat and smiled at me as I roamed the isle of Kohl's. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally found a nice pair of black slacks and a cute-ish top for the wedding. Nothing I'm too thrilled about, since I still look like a pumpkin myself, but oh well. It'll get me by for one night. The best part.....it was a two-fer deal! Buy one, get one free! :) We actually have two fun things coming up over the weekend. On Friday night, Ty and I will get to enjoy our first solo outing/date since Ellie was born. A friend of his from work is throwing a 40th birthday bash and we were invited. My mom will watch the kids (or at-least put them both to bed and be here until we get home...thanks mom!) and we'll hopefully get to indulge in some adult-only time! :) Looking forward to that! And on Sunday, we'll head down to San Diego for the wedding. Ty's good friend Jeremy from high school is getting married. The wedding is at sunset, at a park near the beach in La Jolla with a reception to follow at the hotel where we'll be staying the night. Its bound to be a little chilly...hence the choice of pants instead of a cute dress. Ellie will be coming with us and Luke will get to have a sleep-over with Meemaw here at home. It will be so nice just to have a change of scenery for a night! I'm looking forward to that! Even with Ellie coming along, I know it will be refreshing....she's so mellow anyway and is only waking once in the night these days. Not to shabby! We'll get to see some good friends and they'll get to meet Ellie too. It will be fun, I'm sure.

So I think that's about it for today. Really quickly though, I wanted to thank you guys who left me a comment on the last post....Kelli, Jenny and Roni. You had impeccable timing...I was starting to wonder if anyone was really out there reading...the comment page has been unusually quiet these days. Thanks for letting me know you're there! :)

Okay....Just one more picture to share before I go finish cleaning house....one of my hubby loving on Ellie. I just love watching him with her...or either of them for that matter. Makes my heart swell! :)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big your neices are getting! Taryn looks like she could be graduating highschool already. Wow!

You guys looked like you had a great time. We're doing the same this weekend - going with Brayden's friend Luca who at 9 mos is already walking!

And Ellie is 2 months already??? My how time does fly. She is adorable, I can't wait to meet her!

Thanks for the posts!
Kelli