Thursday, October 4, 2007

Must be cozy....

...the new rug in our entry way, I mean. Because this is how I found Luke just a few minutes after I put him in a time-out just before lunch...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And he wasn't there that long, either. I put him in timeout for throwing (roughly pushing is probably more accurate) his book at Baby Ellie, which actually hit her on the head while I was nursing her and left a big red mark! She actually cried from it. :( I'm pretty sure the offense was more of an accident than intentional, but when I asked him to say he was sorry for hurting her ("I know that you probably didn't mean to hurt Ellie..it was an accident, right? But you still need to say you are sorry for scratching her." ) Even after giving him several chances to apologize and helping him with the words to say, he refused and just stared blankly at me. Grrr. So a time-out was in order. I placed him in the time out spot, set Tick-Toc Bear (its actually a stuffed puppy with an egg timer built in it that Meemaw gave us) for 2 minutes and went to finish nursing Ellie on the couch. Once the timer beeped, he refused to come to me, but instead stayed in his spot. What a grumpy bumkin he was being! When I was finished milkin' probably no more than 5 minutes later, I found him fast asleep. Guess he was tired! Sheesh! I just had to laugh and snap a picture of him.

I whipped up some PB&J sandwiches while he took his quick catnap there on the rug and woke him to eat lunch. He was surprisingly much more cheerful after his little siesta. He scarfed down his lunch and is now tucked in for a nice, hopefully LONG nap! :) So's Ellie. But before I laid her down, I couldn't resist taking a couple quick shots of her cuteness.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sometimes when she smiles, she looks like a Cabbage Patch kid, with her cheeks all squished together at her mouth. I just LOVE it!

I realized last night as I sat browsing through old baby albums of Luke, that I am taking WAY less pictures of Ellie than I did of Luke. Why does that always seem to happen with second and subsequent children??? Everyone always says that happens, and its seems to be coming true for me lately. It must just be that I'm more busy and don't have as much time to just sit and snap photos like I used to. That, and the fact that Luke would be all over my lap and in my face if he saw the camera out, pointed at his sister. So today, I decided that I need to take more pictures of the everyday stuff....just to have 'em. I'm so thankful that I took so many pictures of Luke when he was little. You don't realize just how quickly the days pass and how fast they grow until you look back at old photos. It made me sad. I miss his little-ness. :( But at-least I can remember through the eye of my camera. I gotta be sure to take more pics!! Here's the last one I took for the day...at-least so far.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After naps today, I think we'll head out to Joann's (the craft store) to look for a wreath hanger for the front door and maybe treat ourselves to a little frozen yogurt from my favorite yogurt shop. Ty won't be home until 9pm or so (its Bible study night for him) so I'm on my own for dinner, bath and bedtime. Days like this make for LONG afternoons if I don't get out and about. A little errand is most certainly a must. For now, I'm off to finish up some laundry....it likes to multiply like bunnies if I let it sit too long! :)

1 comment:

Diana McFarlane said...

I think this is one of my favorite Luke stories... :) It reminds me of a story my mom loves to tell about one of my time outs. I was banished to the cold hard bathtub (no toys in there to play with during time out). She came to check on me a few minutes later and saw articles of clothing being tossed over the shower doors and onto the floor. Then she heard the bath water start. In her most stern voice possible she asked what I was doing. I simply replied, "Well, I am going to take a bath if I have to be in here anyway". She had to hurry out so I wouldn't see her laughing!