Friday, October 5, 2007

Middle of the night epiphany...

So there I was...2am feeding Ellie and I had this thought....

You know you're a mom to a toddler when you are humming The Wiggles to yourself as you nurse your youngest in the middle of the night! Ha! It could be the Wiggles, the Doddlebops or Sesame Street, but for the last week, I've had SOME kind of silly song rolling through my head at 2am when I'm feeding Ellie! Man! Why is it always the worst songs that get 'stuck'?????

Annnyway..........
We DID end up heading out of the house yesterday afternoon for a trip to Joanns with my neighbor Tabitha. It was nice to get out for a bit. She even treated us to Gourmet Pizza for dinner! How nice was that?! She's new to the area, so I was showing her around and we ended up on State Street at dinnertime. Yummy! Too bad Luke wasn't in the mood for eating and being well-behaved! He literally had 2 bites of food and then decided it would be fun to drive mama crazy the rest of the meal by being stinky. It made for a not-so-relaxing meal. He was certainly in a mood yesterday! Even once we got home, he threw the tantrum to end all tantrums when I was trying to get him bathed and in bed. I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors heard his screaming.....even with the windows closed!! Yikes! And sweet, little Ellie just sat there in her seat, quiet as a mouse through it all....probably wondering what the heck all the comotion was about. But it didn't seem to phase her at all! Needless to say, it was a LONG day for me. I sat down for the first time just moments before Ty walked in the door at 8:50pm!! Phew! I was glad when my head hit the pillow not long after that! And I'm glad that Ty's week of hell at work is over. His boss is out of the country, so he's been doing her hours AND his own all week. A LONG week for him! Poor guy! He's exhausted! Me too, from trying to keep the stress level low here at home for when he gets here in the evenings. TGIF!!

Well...that's it for me this morning. Have to get ready for the day. We're meeting Krystal, the twins and another mommy friend of ours at the park for some playtime. Hopefully we won't get rained out! Its lookin' a little questionable outside. Oh....by the way...did you happen to notice my new color scheme?? (How could you not, right?!!) I was in the mood for some fall colors. :) The pumpkin orange background really 'grabs' you, eh?? heheh.....it IS a little bright. Oh well.
Ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you blogging so often! Kudos!

I'm catching up on the last couple so my comments may not necessarily apply to this specific day's.

Ellie does look like a cabbage patch doll. How adorable is she!?!? Too bad Luke's not wanting to cooperate, but I guess that's how it goes for toddlers - I'm sure I'll be there soon as well.

I like the background - it makes me feel like the holidays are coming and I love the fall/winter holidays.

And I love the updated pic of Luke. Such a little boy looking so grown up. Can we not make time stand still? Even if for a week?

Glad to see that things are still looking up and no feeding issues are happening. Ellie really IS adorable. It makes me long for the days when Brayden was that little and I had no idea what I was doing (not that I necessarily do now) ;).

Kelli