Thursday, January 29, 2009

I know...I know....

....I've been a bad blogger lately! :( Sorry! No excuses 'cept normal life keeping me going-going like the energizer bunny! teeheehee. And come the end of the day, blogging is not exactly forefront in my mind. Just think of me as taking a little blog-cation! :) Oh! And speaking of vacation....we will be taking our first road trip as a family of four this weekend! (Our first time sleeping all together in a hotel room too! Pray for us!!!) LOL!! We're heading up to northern California for a Super Bowl get together with Ty's good friend Fred and his wife Suzanne! It's been in the works for some time now....the party is actually an annual 'thing' Fred does, but we haven't been able to make it since Luke was just a tad over a year old! So we were bound and determined to make it this year. All of us!

So off we go tomorrow afternoon! A SEVEN hour drive should be interesting with the kids, but with nap time and a borrowed dvd player, hopefully things will go smoothly! We're just praying for no traffic! Last time, it took us a whopping 11 hours to get there because of a toxic spill on the I-5! We'll be back late, LATE Sunday night (we're leaving right after the Superbowl). We're looking forward to a fun weekend! And for those of you wondering about little Miss Tess....have no fear. It's Meemaw to the rescue! She'll be dog-sitting here for us this weekend!

My big sis Kim will be arriving in a few hours too and will be in town for the next week, so we are most definitely looking forward to that as well! Luke's been counting down the 'night-night's' until Aunt Kim arrives! He did a little 'score' motion this morning and screamed "yesssssssss!" when I told him today was the BIG day! He can't wait to see her! Either can we! We'll pick her up from the airport right after preschool!


So....off we go for a few days! I'm sure I'll have some pics and stories to share when we get back!


PS.......oh and by the way...thanks for praying for our sickies! We're still struggling with the coughs and conjestion (I've even done a few breathing treatments on Ellie), but I guess I'm just resolving myself to the idea that it will be awhile yet! I'm starting in with another scratchy throat as of last night. :(

No comments: