Friday, January 2, 2009

Date Day

Ty and I got to enjoy a slightly unconventional date this afternoon! We went to the shooting range and practiced shooting his handguns! :) And let me just tell you...it was FUN! I've shot his guns a few times in the past, but it has been several, several years. It was definitely time for a little refresher course! So, off we went to the range, while Meemaw kindly took care of the kids! Come to find out...I'm a pretty good shooter! :) Ty says he remembers that I was good the last time we went shooting as well, though I don't recall this! But today, I blasted the snot out of my targets! Wanna see?



We teased that we should've kept the target to hang in the garage with a sign that says "Beware...the wife is dangerous too!" But we didn't. Even the kind man next to us, who was there with his wife (who also turned out to be a shooting instructor) said that he was quite impressed with my ability, especially for not having shot much. Hmph! Who would've know?! I'm kinda proud of myself though !:) There's just something about shooting a firearm that lends confidence to the soul! I hope that doesn't sound weird, but I just felt strong and self-confident today! It was a lot of fun!





Here's my man....if you look off the the right, you'll see the brass flying off after he pulled the trigger! Kinda cool!



After the range, we headed to Olive Garden for some soup, salad and bread sticks (not quite a warrior's dinner, but it was still yummy!!) and to round out our oh-so-romantic date (LOL! I'm actually the one who planned it, btw! The whole thing was my idea, so I'm certainly not complaining!!) we popped by Costco to covet the flat screened TVs and roam around! Hahahaha! Certainly not a conventional date, but WONDERFUL just the same...and OH so fun!!!! It never matters what we do anyway....its just important that we're together...ALONE! :) Thanks for the fun time, babe!!

Tomorrow is Luke's 4th birthday, so I'll be sure to post some pics of our special day! No big party plans this year...just a few special little plans with our family! I can't believe he's FOUR! We are hoping our plans are still a-go in the morning...we put Ellie to bed tonight with a 103.5 fever. :( Not sure what's brewing there...maybe an ear infection since we've all been so sick with this nasty cold? I'm sure tomorrow will tell more! Pray for her, if you will. Anyway...more tomorrow! Night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun to go shooting with your man! Haven't been with Dave in such a long time. But, this date seems right up our alley. Love it! And the whole costco thing!:) Fun!!!

I'll be praying for your sweet Ellie Belle tonight. Hope her fever subsides. No fun to be sick.

Also, tell Mr. Lukie Happy Birthday from his Auntie LaLa. Hope you all have a fantastic celebration tomorrow. Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful day.

A big Happy Birthday to Luke!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Luke!!!! Better late than never:). May this year bring as many good things if not more than last year. Happy New Year! XO Jenny