Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday musings....

So I'd like to be able to post today about how we are all feeling so much better 'round here, but unfortunately, that is STILL not the case...MUCH to my dismay. :( And I'm beginning to think we are just going to be sick in one way or another until spring. :( At-least it feels that way, anway! I'm frustrated. Luke, on one hand, is doing much better...thankfully. He has been fever free since early in the week, but continues to hack and cough quite a lot. We kept him out of school on Tuesday, since we were not 100% sure if he was contagious or not, and we debated on keeping him out again on Thursday, but ended up sending him after all when he awoke on Thursday morning seemingly improved. But just yesterday, while Ellie and I were spending some LONG AWAITED time visiting with Laura and Maddie, Ellie began with a productive cough, :( She was kinda 'barky' last night and today seems out of sorts...crying, whiny and just overall NOT a happy kid. :( And just to add insult to injury, Ty came home from work today with another scratchy throat and general malaise. Good grief! When will this all end?! One or all of us have been sick continuously since Dec. 17th!!!!

I'd be lying if I said that this week has been an easy one for me on the parenting front. Luke has been quite a challenge for me this week...mostly because I think he hasn't felt well. He's been whiny and overly sensitive and quite disrespectful! :( Some of it is normal 4-year-old stuff, but I'm pretty sure the rest of it is a combination of feeling crumby and the lack of his normal routine with school and friends and fun! It amazes me just how important school has become to his little spirit! We have a very different Luke when he gets his two days a week at school. He's happy, positive, polite and generally pleasant. BUT...without those few hours of school time, he begins to get naughty and irritable. I can tell simply in the amount of discipline (ie timeouts, privileges taken away, etc) he has received this week! And then, to add to his crabbiness, Ellie is now not feeling well and is a little fuss-pot. :( Momma needs a break!!!!!
BUT...in the spirit of going against those crabby feelings that are lurking around my own heart, I will share some cute pictures from the last couple of days of moments where my kids were happy, and sweet and scrumptious! These are the faces that makes my mommy-heart happy...



And here are a few more quick shots from our time at Laura's house on Thursday. Not quite sure how it is that we live a short 15 minutes away from one another but only manage to see eachother once in a blue moon! (We talk nearly every day though!) But oh how I LOVE seeing Maddie and Ellie playing together! Being just 5 1/2 weeks apart in age, they are destined to be lifelong friends....just like her momma and I! They are so active now though, that trying to get any photos of them together was like trying to photograph lightning! LOL! They had fun together! Maddie even greeted Ellie at the door with a big, smooshy hug! She's is such a sweetheart!

Aren't they getting BIG?!


(((hugs)))



Rocking and singing in Maddie's room...


Just for reference, this was them almost exactly one year ago! This one was taken the week of Jan. 15th last year!

Photobucket


Awww...happy things! :)

So if you would, friends...will you say a little prayer that somehow our family would kick whatever this lingering, annoying bug is that we've had in one form or another for so long? Prayer changes things, right? We need out of this sickie-cycle!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable photos! I so wish we lived closer together. It would make it easier to whisk you away for some mommy time. I will definitely praying for a healthy family for you.

Anonymous said...

Remember..."This too shall pass!!"

Cindy Tomaszewski said...

i just said a prayer for your family! i hope you all are able to be well very very soon!