Monday, December 31, 2007

Ushering in a new year...

I am having a hard time believing that 2007 is over and that a new year is upon us....ALREADY! Where did 2007 go????? Would you agree that the days pass faster and faster the older you get???

This year, as in most in the recent past, will be pretty low key. Having babies in the house makes New Year's Eve not quite as eventful as it was pre-kids, but that's not a problem for me. I'm not in the mood to be out and about, fighting crowds and traffic this year. I just want to be home. So that is what we are doing...staying home. A few of Ty's friends will come over and our neighbors too (who have a little one) to have dinner and then just hang out. Ty's trying out his new smoker that he got for Christmas. We'll do some ribs and tri-tip. Mmmmm....sounds yummy!

Would you believe that I haven't even picked up my camera ALL week??? Amazing, I know! **wink**. So that means no new pictures for today. Sorry. But, I DO have some pictures of past New Years Eves for ya. I could not, for the the life of me, recall how we ushered in the new year over the past several years, so I had to journey through my photographs to remind me.

Here is us on New Years Eve 2003 to 2004. Ty and I spent New Years with Krystal and Will (all pre-babies, of-course!) at Knott's Berry Farm. They were hosting a bunch of Christian bands and artists that night and we saw Jeremy Camp in concert. Pretty fun!
Photobucket

And 2004-2005....the night that I really started to feel pre-eclamptic and swollen. I was admitted that next day...
Photobucket

I have no pictures of the actual night of New Years 2005-2006, and I have NO idea how it was spent. Luke was just 11 months old. I can't remember if we went out or stayed home. We must've done something....we always do. We've never just spent a New Years at home alone. But, again, I can't recall, so here is a picture I took of Luke on the 31st.
Photobucket

And finally last year....we had just moved into our house 2 weeks prior. I was a mere 7 weeks pregnant with Ellie and we had some friends and family over for a chili dinner and games afterwards. We also celebrated Luke's birthday that night, since we didn't have a special party for him planned. Here is us having 2nd birthday cake!
Photobucket

Oh yes...BIRTHDAY...that reminds me. Just 3 short days until my sweet son has his golden birthday (he turns 3 on the 3rd). Has it already been three years! Sheesh! The party plans have been made, invitations sent and all of you within a 100 mile radius have all been invited (I don't think I forgot anyone!). I desperately wish ALL of you could come...even those of you with kiddos far away...(Heidi, Amy, Roni, Diana....well with a kiddo on the way for D.) And with all the plans for an outside Thomas The Train birthday party set for Luke this coming Saturday (were were planning to have a bounce house and everything!) I learned yesterday that it is forecasted to be pouring down rain Thursday through Sunday! Crumb!!! How crappy is that?! So....I've been in a mad scramble to make alternative plans. Not so easy of a task 5 days out! But, My Gym saved me and it sounds like they have some openings for a party this coming weekend. I'm not sure what time yet though...still have to talk to our friend Terra there. So, all of you blog fans who were planning on coming, just know that I will be emailing or calling you in the next day or so with updated birthday details. Hopefully, the change won't mean fewer guests, but I'm guessing that it might. :(

Well my friends...I should be going for now. There's laundry to be done, the dog to be walked and things to prepare for dinner tonight. I hope that you all have a fun and safe night tonight! Happy New Year!!

No comments: