Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hello, February!

Whoa! What happened to January?! I can hardly believe it's already passed us by!

So February it is! I like February...Valentine's Day... my dad's birthday... a short month....the soon-to-be ushering in of spring! :) Its a good month! :)

Hmmm....what's happenin'??? We had a nice weekend...seemed pretty busy though! Luke had his first tumbling class on Friday afternoon! He was SO excited before we left! He kept walking around the house saying "Tumble? Tumble???" Here's a cute little snapshot of how excited he was right before we left:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There were only two kids (including him) in the class, and the other little girl was about a year older and much more adept, but it turned out okay. As with most new things, Luke was a little slow-to-warm at first, and really didn't want to interact or follow any of Ms. Cheryl's directions, but by the end of the class, he was running and playing with the best of 'em. They had lots of different activities out to work on various skills (fine motor, gross motor, following directions, etc) but Luke's favorite was scooping up the plastic balls and placing them into the buckets and then this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

He was pretty fluent on the beam by the end of the session! And at the closing of the class, he sat quietly on his star next to Ms. Cheryl and listened attentively to her goodbye song. And THEN he threw a bit of a tantrum because he didn't want to leave! Next week, buddy....we'll be back next week! Actually, Ty will be taking him this Friday, since I will be headed out of town for my friend Heidi's baby shower in Northern California. It will be a boys-only weekend 'round here!

Anyway, back to this weekend....I worked on Saturday and then Ty and I headed out to a yummy dinner with some friends for the evening while Mamaw watched the Lukester. It was a late night for him...he didn't get to bed until 10:30 since Mamaw didn't have a pack-n-play at her house and we didn't expect that dinner would take THAT long! Whoops! Oh well...he did great! On Sunday, since it had been such a late night, we opted to stay home instead of heading to church. Luke 'helped' me tape off the hallway for some more painting that I am planning for tomorrow and Ty worked in the baby's room awhile. After that, we headed up to Krystal and Will's house for the Super Bowl! There were several kiddos there for Luke to interact with and even he was interested in "floopa" (remember, that's Luke-ese for football). He played well with the other kids and had fun bringing toys to the twins! Too bad the Bears lost! :( I was the only one rooting for them...everyone else was going for the Colts. But hey...most of my family are Chicago native and my sister lives there now, so Chicago was the only choice for me! It was a good game either way though, and we had fun watching it together!

We stuck around home this morning for the twins and Krystal to come down for their 9 month little photo shoot. They are growing SO much! It's hard to believe that they are nine months already, but then again, I say that about every child! They really are just little for a Moment! This afternoon, since the weather is so warm and sunny (it's 75 and clear today....absolutely gorgeous!) we are heading over to a different friend's house for a nice, long stroller walk with the kids. I'm in some desperate need of exercise and I'm really looking forward to some time outdoors! Yay for sunshine!

BTW, thanks Kristin and Taylor for your comments on my last post! :) Guess the rest of ya'll are either to shy to speak up or just not checking in like I had hoped. :(


Well, before I sign off for today, I thought I'd share a cute story with you....every night before dinner we usually pray. We all hold hands and say grace over our meal before we begin. Well....the last week or so, we've slacked off a bit :( but the other night, as we started to eat, Luke just sat there and looked at Ty and I. He sits in between us, with his highchair pulled up to the table, so he's at eye level with us as we eat. So here Ty and I are, digging into our meal like hungry animals, and Luke quietly looks at us and tells us "Pay?"
Puzzled, I looked at him for a moment...not sure what he was saying. "Pay? Pay, what,
honey?"
"Pay!" he insisted again, looking at ME like I was crazy.
"Pay? What's 'pay'?" I asked.
Looking a little annoyed, he thrusts a hand out to each of us and says firmly "Pay, Mommy.
Pay!"

PRAY! I finally got it! (duh!) Ahhh...to be humbled by such a little child! He melted my heart right there on the spot! What a blessing to have your child usher in prayer! We thanked God for that reminder that night and every one since!

Alrighty, that's it for me today! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cute pictures---he really was excited!! Glad he liked the class!
Love, "Dagma"