Monday, January 22, 2007

A Full Day Ahead....

It's still early....Luke is still in bed, although I hear him kicking around up there and playing quietly. Just thought I would pop online real quick and say hello. We have a busy day ahead, so I have to get moving this morning...just lots of errands to run...the bank, the lab for my bloodwork that I couldn't get completed on Friday (it was lunchtime by the time we left the OB's office and the lab was closed!), and then it's off to Costco and home for lunch and naptime. Sometimes its tough packing everything into just the few short hours before lunch, but I hate to have to make another trip out later. There still plenty to keep me busy here too!

Before I start in with my day, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who emailed well-wishes and congratulations! I was so much fun to hear your reactions! Thanks for filling my inbox with so much love and support!

The weekend was such a good one...filled mostly with hanging around home, working on projects. Friday was, of-course, my OB appointment. I was so anxious for it that I woke up when Ty's alarm went off at 4am and couldn't get myself back to sleep! I had been feeling pretty uneasy about this pregnancy all along and that OB appointment was, in my mind, going to be the key to letting my worries go or a nightmare! I had really convinced myself that something was terribly wrong. I guess in some ways, I was preparing myself for the absolute worst scenario and WHAT a relief it was that all was well (more on that later)! In my humble, little psychological opinion (yeah...like I know much about that! ha!) I think that since I had been so oblivious to any possibility that something could go wrong in my pregnancy with Luke (ignorance REALLY is bliss!) and then something DID, I swung the opposite direction the last few weeks with this pregnancy. I EXPECTED that something was wrong and needed confirmation that it wasn't. Weird, I know, but who understands the mind????

Anyway, back to the OB. We ended up arriving 'bout 15 minutes early for my appointment...just as the receptionist had asked me to do when I made the appointment. And being the good, chronically on-time person that I am, I did just that. Well, we should've come 15 min. LATE, because we waited nearly an hour to be seen! Grr! I hate lateness! Come to find out as I was speaking to the nurse as she was taking my BP(more on that too later) and info, according to them, I was scheduled with the nurse practitioner that day instead of Dr. Hage. Double grrrr! I had specifically rescheduled the appointment to be sure to see Dr. Hage. It all worked out though, and Debbie (the NP) did my exam and ultrasound and Dr. Hage popped in for several minutes to see how I was and answer my questions.

So the ultrasound and the BP....the ultrasound was short and sweet...no measurements were taken, but we got to see the little bambino wiggling 'round in there :) and his or her little heart fluttering away! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that moment! Confirmation that I really AM pregnant and there really IS a baby! :) Yay! As for my blood pressure (BP for all you non-medically minded souls out there) it was 110/72! Just for reference, when I became pregnant with Luke, my usual BP's were 110/60 or 98/58...LOW. But since all my pre-e issues, and after his birth, my BP has never been that low again. 110/72 is kinda normal for me now. Weird. And when the nurse took my pressure and I asked for her to tell me what it was (no....she didn't offer the information right off the bat) she said, "Oh, well I know blood pressure goes up in pregnancy, so that's probably why." Yeah...whatever silly lady...I'm only EIGHT weeks and you're talking to someone who had blood pressure problems in her last pregnancy...I probably know more about it all that YOU do! I was feeling a little testy. I didn't say anything to her, of-course. Ty agreed it was high for me but Dr. Hage still insisted that it was still a healthy normal. We'll just keep a good, close eye on it throughout, I guess.

So...how's that for rambling today?? Was I going to tell you about the rest of the weekend? Saturday, the boys helped me with my photo shoot in the morning and we (err..mostly Ty) worked in the garage in the afternoon, while Luke, Tess and I played in the grass and nearby. My parents brought Gourmet Pizza (mmmmmm!) over for dinner to get in a much needed Luke-fix. They miss that kid a lot more now that we lived with them! He IS pretty stinkin' cute, if I must say, so I totally understand their missing him! Hehehe :)

Sunday we slept in until 7:05 rather than our usual 6:50 (no sleeping in with a toddler in the house!) and pulled Luke into bed with us for a bit. He's usually too awake and playful to lay down for any length of time, but that day, Daddy offered to read "Goodnight Moon" and he happily obliged. So we snuggled up together and read. LOVE those moments. The rest of the day was spent installing a new ceiling fan in the family room while watching "flew-pa" (that's Luke-ese for football). Luke was more than happy to help daddy do his work. Here is a picture of him with all this tools out, ready to get to work!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We trekked down to Mamaw's house around 4 for the Colts game on Uncle Rod's big screen and then it was home for bath and bedtime as usual.

So that was our weekend! It always goes by too fast with Ty around! Now it's back to the weekly grid! I'm off to get my little man up outta bed! Adios!

1 comment:

Jamie Corbett said...

I know exactly what you mean about being oblivious to the possibility of issues with the 1st pregnancy and terrified the next. My entire 2nd pregnancy was full of anxiety and me knowing that something was wrong. I'm glad you were reassured though! Debbie is my NP too. I'm curious to see how you like Dr. Hage, I hope he is very helpful for you guys!