Sunday, January 28, 2007

A few extra minutes....

Luke's been nappin' for 1 hour and 50 minutes so far! Whoohooo! That may not seem like a big deal to you, but for me, it's close to miraculous! My kiddo, much like his mommy, has an keen internal clock that seems to strictly regulate his sleep cycles and wake times. It's kinda crazy. He almost never naps longer than precisely an hour and a half (usually to the minute!) and every single morning, I usually wake to hear him playing or pounding on his crib and as I look at the clock, it's 6:54! Strange, I know, but its true. At-least I can count on him to be consistent! But today, the story is a little different. He's sleeping longer, which leads me to believe he's not feeling his best. After our mysterious fever of two days last week, he developed a slight cough, which then became a nasty one, along with a goobery, runny nose. Did someone say it's cold season???? Have I ever told you how much I hate colds??? Luke is such a crank when he's got one. Everything makes him fuss or whine and it's just simply NO fun! Not to mention, we've already had to cancel or reschedule 2 play dates last week due to illness and I'm thinking I'm going to have to reschedule our rescheduled one for tomorrow AGAIN! Grrr! Sorry to rant...just a slight irritation of mine! But whatcha gonna do? Not much.

On to other things....

The long nap has had it's benefits though! I was able to nearly complete the first coat of paint in the downstairs bathroom in just under an hour flat! Pretty impressive, huh! ;P We painted to kitchen about 2 weeks ago and still had half a gallon of paint leftover, so we decided to use the same color in the guest bathroom. It actually looks pretty nice! I'm pleased with how it's turning out. I purchased some fabric on Thursday for the new shower curtain that will go in there too, so hopefully that room will be completed before the end of the week! Hooray! (Yes....I'm actually going to sew my own shower curtain....with the help of my mom, of-course. They don't make shower curtains that are long enough for what I want in there, so it had to be a do-it-yourself kind of thing!) Are you doubly-impressed now???!! Hehehe. :) I'll post a pic. when it's all done...just for fun!

Well....nap time has now lasted 2 hours and 4 minutes! I expect him anytime now, I'm I'm just going to sign off while I'm still ahead! As soon as Luke wakes, we'll be heading down to Ty's mom's house so that Ty can change the oil in my car and Luke, Tess and I will head to the nearby park for some playing. Hope you're enjoying your Sunday too!

1 comment:

Jamie Corbett said...

Both of my kids have that exact same cold/fever thing going on. It's terrible! They are so clingy and tired and fussy, and it just won't quit.

Hey, I wanted to ask you about doing pictures of my kids, Brayden needs his 2 year, and Hailey could use some 9 month shots, do you do family pictures too?