Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Makin' playdough

The weather hasn't been the best for playing outside the last two days, so instead of going stir crazy here at home, or spending money out and about running somewhat useless errands, we decided to make homemade playdough today. Actually, it was cornstarch clay. So...we busted out the Redlands Playschool recipe book from 1980 (when I attended there!), got all spiffied up in our little aprons and got to work! The kids had a blast! Each took turns adding ingredients and mixing. Once our concoction was cooled, Luke chose orange and green ("like pumpkins" he said) to add to our clay. And for the next hour, while I whipped together tonight's dinner, they played happily near the kitchen. Days like this make me just love being their mommy! :)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I wish I could have been there! Dang it! I am sure I will hear about it tonight when I get home.

Ty

Anonymous said...

They sure looked like they were having a ball! How cool is it that you still have the old cookbook---I remember that! Great pictures too!
Mom

Amy said...

Could you send me the recipe? That is two activities in one - making and playing with the clay:-) Their aprons are so cute!

Diana McFarlane said...

Ok, how did you do that without a huge mess? Abby and Tatum created a flour disaster in my kitchen when we made play dough! Very cute, what a great activity.
Diana

Roni said...

I need that recipe! Looks like you had a great day inside with the kids. You're a great mom, Kris.