Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Days

We are LOVING summer! Warm, sunny days...time spent with friends...popsicles on a hot afternoon...swimming, and of-course, playing outside until the shadows are long and the sun bids its final farewell to the day! We are soaking it all up!



Luke is in his second week of swim lessons with his two friends, Rachel and Hudson and they are all doing amazingly well! As of today, I am so proud to say that Luke can officially swim! In just two short weeks, Mr. Bruce (their swim instructor) has transformed three unskilled but eager preschoolers into safe little swimmer-fish! Luke is having an absolute BLAST in the water! He started out fearful of putting his little face in the water and unsure of himself, but is now diving under water for 10-15 seconds at a time, kicking with fervor and today, even began using full arm strokes. A quick learner, for sure! I am so proud of him! And quite honestly, largely surprised at how well he is doing in such a short period of time! If he's anything like me, he'll become a little fish here before long! My parents used to have to DRAG me outta the pool when I was young!

Here he is doing a safety jump to Mr. Bruce. This was the second of two and it looks like the instructor is gonna catch him, but on the first one, knowing that Luke was safe to swim, Bruce raised his arms out of the water and didn't even catch Luke when he jumped in. (My heart skipped a beat in that moment, btw!) Luke didn't even bat an eye...he quickly began paddling and got himself safely back to the pool's edge,where he pulled himself up and outta the water like he'd been doing it all his life! :) Big guy!




Ellie is loving the pool too! We sit together on the steps during the lessons and try to keep cool! :)



After swimming every afternoon, it has become our little habit to have a popsicle (or two!) when we arrive home! Today, we pulled in the driveway JUST in time to meet the Ice Cream Man! They each got a yummy (aka MESSY!) treat and I caught a few moments on camera! This was actually Ellie's first time buying a treat from the Ice Cream Truck! She was SOOO excited! When I have more time, I'll try to post a few of the other shots I took.....got some really great ones that are SUPER cute! :)






The tell-tale sign of being in the swimming pool...those red, bloodshot eyes!

And that, my friends, was our afternoon! How much better can it get?! Life is good!

In other news.... :)

Ellie will be taking her first plane ride tomorrow! :) She and I will be flying up to northern California to visit Heidi and Amy for a long weekend! SOOOO looking forward to that! Time with girlfriends is always good! :) Ty will stay here for some boy-bonding time with Luke and I guess they have all sorts of fun planned! :) Sooo....I guess I'll see you all in a few days! :)

No comments: