Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting Caught Up...Day 1

Is it too late to recap our vacation? Even if I'm the only one reading it, at-least I'll have a recap for my own reference later on. :) I have been terrible about blogging this year. I'm sorry. What has gotten into me?! I used to be so diligent about writing. But to be perfectly honest, I'm a little sick of myself. LOL! Seriously. I get tired of hearing myself think. I mean really, how interesting is my life to anyone else? I don't know...I'm a tad bit apathetic about it all. And just a little more bucking against the idea of one more thing on my to-do list. Do you ever feel that way? Like you just want to turn off every piece of incoming or outgoing communication with the world and pretend like you live in Tim-Buck-To? That's how I feel about my blogging of late. Not that I don't love you all, but you get what I'm sayin', right?

Annywaaaay.....to pacify that nagging voice telling me I need to post, here I am. A vacation, birthday and end of the school year recap. Mostly in pictures, mind you. 'Cause you know that's pretty much how I record my life. :) So....here we go! I'll probably post these in segments so as to not have an 80 page novel for you to read! LOL!

Our beach vacation was really good! We were so grateful to be able to steal away as a family for a few days, just to enjoy being together, without the normal distractions and chores of home. There were some snags in our plans, mostly because the weather did NOT want to cooperate, but we still managed to do all that we intended to do and made the most of the time we had! (We just didn't come home with that great tan we had hoped for!)

Here are just a few (ahem...maybe more than a few) highlights....

Day 1...Legoland

We headed out to Legoland (which was right across the street from where we were staying) on Thursday morning 5/28, and had a BLAST! It was right up Luke's alley! He LOVED the rides (the faster and scarier, the better!)

We started out on the boat ride and I took this super-close up of my handsome boy! (Side note: I only took my 50mm fixed focal lens with me this day so that I could get in some practice with it, so a lot of my pics are close ups! In order to 'zoom' in or out, you actually have to MOVE your body! Haha! And sometimes you just can't get that far back.) Anyway, I digress....
Photobucket
We saw the Ifle Tower...
Photobucket
Mount Rushmore...

Photobucket
and the Inauguration....All made out of Lego's! (And yes...it IS a replica of Obama in there!)
Photobucket
Then it was off to a visit with Bob the Builder, who Ellie was fascinated with, until we got up close!
Photobucket

We spent the day taking turns riding rides with Luke (he LOVED the roller coasters the best!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

while the other tried to keep Ellie occupied. But sometimes, she just fell to pieces when she couldn't go with Bubba...
Photobucket
Actually, if I remember correctly, she was just being crabby while we were standing in line in that picture and I was kinda making fun of her! Lol! :) She DID get happy again and enjoyed Legoland just as much as her brother!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We had so much fun!

The kids went without naps this day, so as we approached 4pm, it became perfectly clear that it was time to go! LOL! We stopped by the gift store on the way out and bought each of them a little souvenir to remember the day by. Luke picked out a king's cape which I took a picture of, but Ty vetoed because he said Luke's looked posed like a girl in it! LOL! So no picture! And Ellie got a pretty princess stuffed horse to snuggle with. :) Good times. We headed back to our condo then, stopping by the lobby for a little non-alcoholic happy hour they were having. There was live music too, and it was nice to just sit and enjoy for a spell. The singer embarrassed the heck outta Luke when she saw him prancing around in his new cape and told him how brave he looked! LOL! He tucked his head behind my leg then and wouldn't even show his face again until we left the building! Kinda cute to me though! Soon enough it was time for dinner and bath time, and once the kids were tucked safely in bed, Ty and I headed to the jacuzzi that just happened to be right outside our sliding glass door! Perfect!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a great day! Looking forward to more updates and pics
:-)

Anonymous said...

I check in and read all the time! Keep posting. Sounds like a fun day. Lucky you had a hot tub outside your room! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip! Love you.

Heidi