Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I knew this day would come....

...and quite honestly, I feared it! We lost Ellie's last binky today. Of the two that were 'broken' (aka, poked!) one was left behind (by sheer accident) on vacation and we had just one that we protected and kept safe with fervent effort! It wasn't allowed to leave her bed. We gave it to her bear every morning and afternoon after naps, so he could sleep well while she was gone, and she had learned to place in atop his little face, along with Snuggie covering his little body like a blanket before we left her room. It was quite cute! Can't say we didn't try! But sometime this morning, as I was tidying up upstairs from our sweet visitor last night (more on that in a minute) Ellie must've swiped the binky out of her bed and we can't find it. :(

She is in her bed for naps now, wailing on and off, calling out for binky! Its so sad to hear her! BUT...I'm standing firm, with my hands inadvertantly tied....binky is not returning. :( Poor baby! She's calling out "Maaaammmmmma! I WANT BINKY....MAAAAMMMMMAAA!" from her crib. Every now and then, she'll throw in Grandma's name or Daddy's in her sobbing plea. Its SOOO sad! But getting rid of binky is, in the long run, a good thing. So this afternoon, she and I will just have to suffer through the tears. Pray for us! LOL!

If you would, could you also say a little prayer for my dear, dear friend Laura, who has been very sick the last several days and spent last night in the hospital. (Our visitor last night was her little Maddie, who got to sleep over for the very first time, while Dave went to be with Laura in the hospital.) Laura will hopefully be returning home today to recover from a very bad infection that she has had, but she could sure use our prayers for healing and strength! Its been a LONG few weeks for her family! Thanks, friends!

I'm off to try to console sweet Ellie. The tears don't seem to be easing up at all and I think she needs a long snuggle with Mama. More of our catching up updates in the next few days....

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Laura. I hope she feels better soon and it is not too serious. She will definitely be in my prayers.

I will also be thinking of you, Ty and Ellie as you make this tough transition!

melinda marie said...

Hi Kristen!
I hope that you and your precious family are having a great weekend!

I'm sitting here ~ on a Saturday night... living vicariously through my friends who have families of their own... and then off to babysitt and hang out with four cutenesses. God only knows when it will be my turn... but until the time I'll keep on living and seeking His plan. Pray for me?

Love,
Melinda