Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Family Affair

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day this year will be a family affair! We have a whole special day planned to celebrate just how much we love one another! This morning, we are lounging around in our jammies, sipping coffee (well, just us grown-up's!) and watching cartoons! Soon though, I will start on a special "I love you" breakfast, complete with monkey bread for my two little monkeys and our most favorite goat cheese and herb omelets that Ty and I shared every single morning of our honeymoon in Jamaica! Mmmm! I can't wait!

The day has proven to be sunny and clear instead of the rain I had anticipated (the weatherman has changed his forecast twelve times I think!) so after breakfast we are going to bundle up the kiddos and head for the snow! It will be Ellie's first experience with it and Luke can hardly sit still anticipating all the fun we will have! I foresee many ball fights, a snowman, and even a snow angle or two in our near future! :) We might even be brave and take along both dogs (my parent's pooch TJ is staying with us this weekend while my parents are away on a much needed break!)

And instead of stealing away for some time alone this evening, we thought it would be so wonderful to share a special 'grown-up' evening with our firstborn. We will feed Ellie early and get her to bed (she is a bear to try to eat a quiet dinner with these days!) and then us 'big kids' will enjoy a delicious, special candlelight dinner together as a (partial) family. :) Luke will help me set the table in theme for Valentine's Day with some special (albeit inexpensive) decorations we bought at Michael's the other day (red candles, white linens, doilies and more!) and Ty and I plan to spend some time with one another as we share cooking in the kitchen. Our menu? It sounds fancy, but it really is pretty simple. Decadent though too! (When I told Ty what I had planned, I made sure to say it as if I was one of those cooking show hosts....in a sultry, enticing voice! LOL!!!!) Pecan crusted chicken breasts with herbed cheese filling on a bed of mixed baby greens with a side of twice baked potatoes. Wine (of-course!) and a special dessert of homemade chocolate covered strawberries! This year, the way to my man's heart is definitely through the stomach! :) And why not?! Ty, of anyone, deserves to be treated with all his favorite foods and special things just for him today! He is a man who works so hard for us and loves us so deeply! He is a father who is present and engaged and a husband whom I respect and love with the deepest parts of my being! My best friend! I love you, sweetheart!

We are certainly looking forward to sharing a special day together! I hope that each of you wrap yourselves in the love of your family today! Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like an absolutely fabulous day!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and exciting Valentine's Day weekend! Hope you guys have a good one! And on a random note.. Ellie looks JUST like my baby cousin Simone. Lol too too cute.
Love and hugs to you all!
Taylor