Friday, April 11, 2008

Cloud 9

...that is where I have was this afternoon after lunch at my favorite sandwhich shop followed by an hour massage full body massage, body buffing, and a facial while sitting in a hydrotherapy tub! :) Ahhhhhhh.....sweet relief!!!! Some time ago, much to my surprise, I received the coolest thing in the mail from my sweet friends Heidi and Justin...it was a gift certificate to International Skin and Body Care...a local day spa. I had been privileged to photograph Heidi and Justin a number of times, and as a thank you, they surprised me with this lovely gift certificate! How cool is that?! And today....some 4 and a half months later, I was able to use it! :)



Krystal was able to join me for our Cloud 9 day too, since Will had promised her some much deserved pampering following her 14 days of solo-parenting while he was on his missions trip to Costa Rica. So...with kid-free hands to hold our iced teas, we soaked our feet before our treatments and chatted about nothing important. Then it was off to our individual rooms for some awesome pampering. And I cannot tell you had delicious it all was!! And how MUCH I have looked forward to this day! It is the first time I have been without Ellie for more than 2 hours since her birth! Not that I don't love and adore my children, but some me-only time has been long overdue! Rejuvination....quiet....luxury. Oh, thank you, THANK YOU, Heidi for this priceless gift of a day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh how fun and not to mention relaxingg that sounds! I'm jealous! Haha :). Wow Luke is starting preschool?! Oh my goodness...how fast time has gone by huh?! Very nice and cute stories you shared! Hope to talk to ya soon!
Much love,
Taylor

bennett baby blog said...

sounds wonderful! i'm glad you were able to enjoy some "me" time. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Your a fantabulous mommy and wife and deserved every minute of it!
Love,
Heidi