Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ellie Belle!


Today my baby turns two!

I can hardly believe that it has been two years since her birth blessed our family in ways we never expected, and at the same time always hoped for! Our sweet little Bellie-Boo...with her blond curls and Daddy's blue-green eyes. A grin that will melt your heart in a sheer moment and a feistiness that will make you want to tear your hair out at times! LOL! She has a spunk about her...a vibrant little spirit and a BIG heart! She has begun to show the streak of independence that runs deep in her blood, yet she loves to snuggle into Mama's neck at the mere mention of the word. She is a daddy's girl who's face radiates while she's in his arms and after his kisses. She loves her brother (though sometimes it seems like a love-hate kind of thing! LOL!) and will ask for her "Bubba" before anyone or anything else upon waking from naps and in the morning.




At two, she already has an affinity for all things pink! Recently on a trip to Toys R Us, she spied the girls isle from a good distance away and immediately began a frenzied call for "Pink! Mama!!! Pink! Babies! Strollers! PIIINNNK!". I giggle now at remembering the look on her face!


You can often find her at home, as many little girls do, toddling around in Mommy's shoes (or anybody else's she can get ahold of!) with something resembling a purse on one arm and a pair of sunglasses, a cell phone, a baby doll or a necklace in the other. :) I constantly find myself amazed at the differences between her and her brother! How she has a seemingly innate lure to the feminine side of life and how, much unlike her mother, she LOVES purses, shoes, and clothes. (I'm not so much of a fashionista myself...though I like those things.) And...much unlike her brother, she will cry (or scream!) at the drop of a hat, simply to get your attention or demonstrate that she doesn't like something that is happening to her! LOL! I think it's God's way of teaching me patience and temperance! LOL!

Anyway you look at it though, she is a bright spot in all our lives! We love you with every ounce of our beings, Ellie Paige! You make our lives so sweet! Happy 2nd Birthday!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Miss Ellie Belle! I love the photos :-)

melinda marie said...

Ellie Paige, what a beautiful and photogenic gem you are!

Kristin, SO... can I book my newborn package with you YEARS in advance? YOU ARE AWESOME!

I took over 100 photos last weekend of my friends adorable sons and... had... no. memory. card! I was so sad! I tried to recreate them the next day but had missed the classic moments! Now I have my camera locked so that it won't be in "demo" mode and I won't have that accident again! GRRRRRR! Oh the joys of learning phtography!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday beautiful Ellie!! :)
Love,
Taylor