Saturday, August 8, 2009

Family Day

With little on the agenda this weekend, and since we were apart from our favorite little people last weekend, Ty and I decided to make today a fun family day. The kids and I have had such a GREAT week together, but I know Ty has missed spending time with them as he worked all week. So this morning, after I took a nice, long run and we all got ready, we headed up to Riley's Farm in Oak Glen (just a short 10 minute drive from home!) to go raspberry picking.

I had been to Riley's several times when I taught at Banner for their revolutionary war reennactment; and of-course I had popped up there a time or two for their super yummy apple pies :), but we had never gone as a family. We had SUCH a good time! Both Luke and Ellie were so excited and as we arrived, they could hardly sit still in their carseats! We were all happily surprised that we got to enjoy a tractor-pulled hay ride up to the raspberry patches, and we had a blast hunting through the thickets for the best raspberries we could find! Far more berries ended up in the kids' tummies rather than in the baskets, but it was wonderful! The weather has been so great the last few days too...low 80's with brillant blue skies and just the tiniest wisps of clouds. Perfection! It made our morning all the more enjoyable!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once our baskets were mostly filled, the kids ran around in the grassy area before heading back on the tractor to where we parked. We strolled the beautiful grounds, letting Luke explore, while Ellie and I walked hand in hand along the paths! Luke is all boy, let me tell you! Once he is let loose, you would be hard pressed not to find a stick or rock in hand, and he is off and running! We could just see the joy written all over his face today! He had so much fun! And Ellie...she finally seems to have hit the age where she is happy to walk on her own as long as she has a hand to hold (fine by me!), and she will give you an ear-full of each and every thing she sees! Such a little GIRL (which I love) though I fear she has a streak of her mama's independence in her...she definitely want to do things on her own these days. :) LOL!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a great little tavern at Riley's Farms now, so we filled our bellies with yummy sandwhiches before heading home. That's when I caught these photos of my boys! I just LOVE how they look here...its how I often see them together...father and son, with Luke's adoration for his daddy written all over his face! Oh how I love them!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

What a great day!

No comments: