Friday, July 24, 2009

TGIF!

Oh how grateful I am that the weekend has arrived and there are no major plans on the horizon! It seems like its been a busy couple of weeks around here! A marathon of sorts! Phew! But Ty is home from his fun little trips with the guys, and I'm hoping the weekend will entail lots of family time! That is, if Ellie is feeling up to par. The poor thing has been suffering from the worst diaper rash I have EVER seen!! It actually sent us to the pediatrician's office yesterday (Thursday) because it is now oozing, puffy, red and INCREDIBLY painful! You can typically find us BOTH in tears as I have to change her diapers (which have at-least doubled in quantity over the last week) because the pain for her is horrific! I can't even touch her little bum. It's off to the bathtub each and every time she needs changing. :( Its no fun....no fun at all! (Maybe part of me is glad its Friday because that means I'm not the only one that has to change all those sticky diapers! LOL!)

Anyway...enough about poop!

What I REALLY came to post about are the super fun pics I took of the kids last weekend while I was scoping out a location for a photo shoot. Again, you Facebookers have already seen these, but mostly I'm posting for those who aren't in the FB world...namely Aunt Nancy and a few others. Anyway...here are my sweethearts...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't ya just LOVE them?!

In other news, our trip to the beach on Wednesday turned out great...for the most part! Like I said, it was my first time taking the kids without Ty and I was a little nervous about how it would go. Luke, of-course loved every minute of being there! He jumped in and out of the waves with his little buddies and was even a willing participant in getting buried in the sand! He couldn't have been happier!

Photobucket

Ellie, on the other hand, was a whole different story. From the moment we set our bare feet on the sand, she was not having it! More or less, she cried and wanted to be held most of the morning. :( The only thing I can guess is that she remembered (and was traumatized) by falling headlong into the water while we were on vacation. It took A LOT of coaxing for her to even allow me to dip her toes in the water, and even then she was clinging to me for dear life! She relaxed into the morning a bit after my friend Claye (who works in the nursery at church with me and knows Ellie fairly well) took her over with her boys to dig in the sand a little. After that point, Ellie at-least was willing to sit in the beach chair alone and watch the others play. Silly child.

Photobucket

The beach was SUPER crowded that day, so we didn't stay much past noon. Besides, the kids were growing tired and I was hoping to make it home before the dreaded rush hour traffic (which, by the way, starts at 2:30 pm here in California! It's insanity!) So we showered off, packed up the car and off we went!

The rest of our week was spent either swimming at the pool in the mornings before it got too hot or hanging out here at home (with that trip to the peditrician yesterday thrown in for good measure). Oh! And who can forget the trip to Rite Aid yesterday for a much needed ice cream break (and a little butt paste for Ellie! LOL!) Let me tell you....there are some exciting times happening around our house! :) But really...days like these are what childhood is supposed to be made of! Swimming...running through sprinklers...ice cream treats...playdates with friends. Life really can't get any sweeter! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super fun summer! Glad you all are enjoying yourselves! Super great pictures of Luke and Ellie :)
Taylor